Here comes Utah again for publc lands

Keystone

Heard a commercial on radio this morning g for Utah taking federal lands.

Now I know why.

Keep in mind, Schultz and Adam's are developers, and Cox has big ideas for housing.

One only need ask, how does Utah pay for management of 18 million acres if they don't sell it?

They know nobody will read the Utah Transfer of Public Lands Act.

It literally codifies the selling of public land.

There's not a single word saying they won't sell public land in the Act. Not one.

Current BLM cost per acre managed is $6.53/ac. $6.53 x 18.5M ac = $120,805,000 cost of current management. Over the last decade the Federal O&G lease revenue from UT was roughly $190,000,000/yr.

Assume some of this revenue was from FS land and not BLM but safe to say the vast majority is BLM. Math on covering BLM land management costs is a pretty easy win. FS land not so much. But that is not what this lawsuit is about.

Why is it always Utah pushing this issue, better get the checkbooks out, I have a feeling it will go to “friends and family” first if this passes… it’s just nuts though, leave the public land alone

If this happens Utah will become like Texas when it comes to hunting. All private land and the only way to hunt is to pay a lease. This state has turned into a chithole. As soon as my youngest kid graduates High School I'm outta here like a cat shot in the AZZ!

Well, I told yall they still wanted them. My only reply is this. Fight for them, contact your legislators, contact the spineless Governor that is Spencer Cox. Contact the speaker of the House Mike Schultz. Contact Stuart Adams the Senate President. I would say it’s more worth fighting for than even 10 years ago. Some of you like the things the current Supreme Court has done, they may very well be willing to entertain putting your public lands in a situation to actually be sold now with a ruling given the make up. The state of Utah has sold around 65% of the state lands it was given at statehood. The state of Utah has proven the only way it can make a profit off of the land it has is to sell 65% and counting with a couple land auctions a year. If you think they won’t sell your lands or are better at managing them, just consider they’ve sold 65% of the lands they’re required to make a profit off of and sell thousands more of those acres every year. If the state of Utah could make money off of managing lands, why is the only way they’ve made money been by selling 65% of their assets they were given at statehood? Don’t kid yourself, your hunting spots are up for auction if the greedy ******* developers and Real Estate folks in the legislature ever get their hands on them.

IMG_1529.jpeg

You Voted For Cox!

But Now He's Spineless?

UN-F'N-BELIEVABLE!

Well, I told yall they still wanted them. My only reply is this. Fight for them, contact your legislators, contact the spineless Governor that is Spencer Cox. Contact the speaker of the House Mike Schultz. Contact Stuart Adams the Senate President. I would say it’s more worth fighting for than even 10 years ago. Some of you like the things the current Supreme Court has done, they may very well be willing to entertain putting your public lands in a situation to actually be sold now with a ruling given the make up. The state of Utah has sold around 65% of the state lands it was given at statehood. The state of Utah has proven the only way it can make a profit off of the land it has is to sell 65% and counting with a couple land auctions a year. If you think they won’t sell your lands or are better at managing them, just consider they’ve sold 65% of the lands they’re required to make a profit off of and sell thousands more of those acres every year. If the state of Utah could make money off of managing lands, why is the only way they’ve made money been by selling 65% of their assets they were given at statehood? Don’t kid yourself, your hunting spots are up for auction if the greedy ******* developers and Real Estate folks in the legislature ever get their hands on them.

View attachment 154996

You Voted For Cox!

But Now He's Spineless?

UN-F'N-BELIEVABLE!
He’s spineless. He gives at every turn, and I will admit I actually really regret ever voting for him and never will again. However, as far as we may disagree on many things, the current makeup of the Supreme Court makes the selling of federal public lands more plausible than it has ever been, and we may be far apart on many things, but I’ll fight like hell in lockstep with you to ensure our public lands are never transferred and sold. We can agree management could be better, but management doesn’t matter once there’s a no trespassing sign at out favorite public hunting spot. We beat Jason Chaffetz trying to sell them, but truly, this is plausible given the Supreme Court makeup, more now than before, and hunters better be ready to fight for BLM and Forest Service lands or you will watch some of your spots sold within your lifetime.

Having known Shultz over 30 years, I wouldn't waste an email. He's already getting new Castle Creek realtor signs printed as we speak.

The real fear isn't the Utah delegation. The real fear is that the left, who are in charge, have found their cash cow in renewables on BLM. The old check on Republican land grabbing with the D, is over. Lots cheaper to get that land from Utah than the feds.

Not quite that easy. The other side wants to put windmills and solar farms all over the west as well.

Developed for houses, or developed for solar farms. Either way it's developed.

The left knows it's easier to buy off the D and beauracracy in DC. The right knows it's easier to buy off the R in SLC.

Not quite that easy. The other side wants to put windmills and solar farms all over the west as well.

Developed for houses, or developed for solar farms. Either way it's developed.
I agree for the most part, however there are certain places solar farms make sense, although not a lot of places, however…there is a public comment period and avenue with the BLM.
The left knows it's easier to buy off the D and beauracracy in DC. The right knows it's easier to buy off the R in SLC.
We’ve seen how quickly the state actually sells public lands. BLM and Forest Service lands as opposed to SITLA lands are largely still very much in tact and open to us all. State lands? Higher fees, lower access, and sold.

Vote Em out?

By Voting For Them?

And Then Later Say You'll Never Vote For Them Again?

SWEET GEEZUS!
I’m sorry but you realize Phil Lyman was the other guy in the primary right? Cox won’t get my vote again, even in a primary after his last 40 days. He won’t get it this November either. Cox or Lyman in regards to public lands? That’s just a false choice.

They’re actually using our tax dollars to run tv ads over this?…….just putrid truly. They’re using your tax dollars to run ads as a PR campaign to steal your public lands.
Meanwhile they went into special session today to put a ballot initiative on your November ballot so they can ignore Utah citizens after the Utah Supreme Court told them they couldn’t. I don’t think people grasp quite how out of control and high on its own power Republicans in the state legislature are.

The lawsuit only asked a constitutional question. It’s a question that has been asked for decades. Governor Matheson (democrat) ran bills on this back in the early 1980s (article in Rangelands). Representative Brian King (democrat candidate for Utah governor) has even supported putting it before the courts to get this question answered so we can stop talking about it (January 12, 2022 during the Federalism Commission meeting). We need to get this question answered so we don’t kick the can down the road for another 50 years.

The lawsuit only asked a constitutional question. It’s a question that has been asked for decades. Governor Matheson (democrat) ran bills on this back in the early 1980s (article in Rangelands). Representative Brian King (democrat candidate for Utah governor) has even supported putting it before the courts to get this question answered so we can stop talking about it (January 12, 2022 during the Federalism Commission meeting). We need to get this question answered so we don’t kick the can down the road for another 50 years.
lol. They want your public lands to develop them. I’ve been interacting with one of Cox’s closest campaign people on Twitter. They want your BLM lands to develop them into housing, this is not a secret. Their end goal is 100% to sell and develop these lands. Don’t let yourself be fooled. Utah’s House Speaker and Senate President both have development and Real Estate incentives to do so. They want them to turn them into homes and business and sell them for cabin communities. They are not asking a simple question and they’ve made clear their intentions.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom