Grandsons first gun

Gadjet

Very Active Member
I couldn't help myself! Ordered a new chipmunk for my 5 month old grandson. I figure it can go in the safe until he's a little older. Can't start them too young right?
hg.jpg

I bought my daughters a Rossi 22/20 gauge when they were about a year old and they learned how to shoot using the 22 barrel when the were little.
No way I would put the 20 gauge barrel on that little gun for a young kid. It kicks like a mule.

Chipmunks are great light weight rifles for children to start with. Might as well buy a Ruger 10/22 also. As they get older they really like to shot more rounds. From experience I will tell you 2 children with 10/22’s can burn through a brick of 22’s fast. 😎😎

Chipmunks are great light weight rifles for children to start with. Might as well buy a Ruger 10/22 also. As they get older they really like to shot more rounds. From experience I will tell you 2 children with 10/22’s can burn through a brick of 22’s fast. 😎😎
Agreed! I happen to have a special edition 10/22 with a mannlicker stock I bought in the early 90s. Never been fired. Man this little guy is going to be spoiled!

When my boys turn big game hunting age I buy a new gun. (12 in wyo) I get it dialed in and set up for them to use. The plan is to give it to them when they turn 18. My dad didn't give me any guns and I want them to have a good set up when they are in college. Oldest boy got a CA mesa in 6.5 prc. Second boy got a Tikka in 6.5 prc. I have a 2 year break until the third one gets his. My wife thinks I am spoiling them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom