Got to thinkin'

Long Time Member
After reading the sad news about Model70guy, we sure have lost a lot of good guys here over the decade and a half I have been around. Kinda an interesting deal where you really don't know most the regulars all that well but you feel connected to them in one way or another. Glad his daughter took the time to send the news even though it was bad news. I always wonder how many guys who vanish just quit or had something tragic happen that we will never know about. I can think of quite a handful over the years we have lost for one reason or another and it is too many that's for darn sure. Maybe I'm a sentimental fart but I always feel some sort of connection to the regulars, except liberals, and it is hard to explain. Then there are the guys you can't get rid of. D13er, overton, Eel, et. al. On another note, I got my true blue through and through Hatfield knife. It is so damn sharp I shaved my chin with it. Only down side is I have an insatiable urge to start a feud and don't know why. Also started stockpiling cans of kerosine for some reason. I'm banking on the Hatfield becoming famous so I can make a cameo on the antique road show some day. That is all. Peace out.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well said. I hate anybody named McCoy, for some reason. I don't even know why.

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

You've got me thinking... I now even hate McDonalds! Damn them but I do love a good custom knife! I've got a good friend who has made me a few and I've had one made for each of my 5 kids too.

I've only been around MM for 5 or 6 years and I wonder the same thing. Some guys just vanish.
I'm sure it will happen to me some day and nobody will miss me all that much, not even my wife! LOL

Zeke

Zeke, get to loving those McDonalds. My grandmother that married my grandfather, Joe D. Hatfield maiden name was McDonald.

1911 I had to chuckle when reading your post about the knife. I have a knife collector in Gainesville, Georgia that has bought about 10-12 of my knives. He has a collection of over 300 knives, some made by very famous makers. He also told me to hurry up and get famous so he could get a good return on his investment. He also told me that I sell my knives "too cheap". Of course he told me that after buying the last 3 knives from me!

We have quite a few members up in their years and will be sadden by their passing to the happy hunting grounds. Let's just hope their replacements are as good as they were. There is a couple of us that are so darn ornery, it will be hard to find a equal replacement.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom