Got a different Buck than what you scouted?

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
How often have you guys gone into an area where you have scouted for a buck and are looking for him. However, you end up finding one just as good or better that you never found during scouting. Would love to hear your experience on this.

Last edited:
I have that story in 2020. I was looking for a big non-typical. Scouted the area for many days, then archery hunted for 7 days I believe it was. Returned on the rifle and killed a 203 buck I'd never seen in there. I was blown away that I spent so much time in there and never saw that buck. I would've never thought a buck could have hidden like that.

I have that story in 2020. I was looking for a big non-typical. Scouted the area for many days, then archery hunted for 7 days I believe it was. Returned on the rifle and killed a 203 buck I'd never seen in there. I was blown away that I spent so much time in there and never saw that buck. I would've never thought a buck could have hidden like that.
No possibility he moved in from a different area?

I remember that!

No possibility he moved in from a different area?
I don't think so. I think he was there and I just didn't see him. It was a tough spot to hunt because of the wind and thick timber. I had a hell of a time getting looks at the buck I was after.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom