Going Elk Hunting in Utah

hawkbill

Long Time Member
I’m really excited for my Elk hunt , been shooting my 7MM every week . My guide called me or guides , by the way both guides names are Wade and we were talking Elk calibers they told me my 7MM wasn’t big enough for giant Utah Elk. I told them that I had a 375 H and H, they said that wasn’t quite big enough, they said they have a Texas hunter that has problems dropping them with a 416 Rigby. Well this has really rattled me and my plans, so I settled on a 505 Gibbs shooting a shooting a 525gr Woodleigh SN. I just want to make sure you guys think I’m headed in the right direction. They also called and said my truck wasn’t lifted enough to get over the rocks, this is getting expensive
IMG_3312.jpeg
IMG_3307.jpeg
IMG_3308.jpeg

.416 Rigby is probably better. You can pretty much pick up ammo for it in any convenience store in Utah.

I'm not sure where your guide Inmate#554890 is taking you, but Utah is a road hunting state, so you really will need a RZR with 38" mudders.

(My God, that thing doesn't look fun to shoot at all)

I’d listen to your guide(s) - especially if they are named Wade. Go big or go home. The 50bmg is the preferred elk cartridge in Utah.

IMG_7053.jpeg

If You've Got Something That'll Do This You'll Have Less Of A Pack Out & It Looks Like You Do!

Over 5,000 Of Energy At The Muzzle!

damage-1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom