Gender BS

Trying to restore my view of the cliffs. When we bought the place 13 years ago they were dog hair. Now they’re 30-40 feet tall and a solid 5” around. It’s like wrangling joints of 2” gasline, which is hard on an old man. I try to cut 100 a week. :) View attachment 78416
I understand completely. Dog hair is a perfect comparison. Aspens regrowth is so thick the first few years, a mule deer has to eat it’s why through, to get to the other side. I don’t remember how many hundred per square yard they estimate a regrowth will sprout but it’s freaking thick.

“Although aspen forests do not burn readily, aspen trees are extremely sensitive to fire. A fire intense enough to kill the aspen overstory will stimulate abundant suckering, though some suckers arise after any fire. As many as 50,000 to 100,000 suckers can sprout and grow on a single acre after a fire.”

My little cabin on the Fish Lake is about a mile from the Pando Clone, one of the largest living organisms on the plant. My favorite mule deer habitat to hunt is an aspen forest.

Your cabin is in a beautiful place.

Fox News not only didn't show the hearings last night, which were basically a video montage of Trump's high ranking officials such as his Attorney General and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, as well as his daughter, Ivanka, explaining on video how they knew the claims of election fraud were false and told Trump they were "bullshit" but he kept repeating them anyway... Fox went to the extremes of running two and a half hours of counter programming without a commercial break.

They really can't risk their viewers accidentally flipping channels and catching the hearings somewhere else. It's one thing to claim the hearings aren't news, it's another thing entirely to go to those extremes to hide information from their viewers. Wow.

I would think the Fox viewers would be highly skeptical of what their "news" channel is trying to prevent them from seeing.

Fox News not only didn't show the hearings last night, which were basically a video montage of Trump's high ranking officials such as his Attorney General and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, as well as his daughter, Ivanka, explaining on video how they knew the claims of election fraud were false and told Trump they were "bullshit" but he kept repeating them anyway... Fox went to the extremes of running two and a half hours of counter programming without a commercial break.

They really can't risk their viewers accidentally flipping channels and catching the hearings somewhere else. It's one thing to claim the hearings aren't news, it's another thing entirely to go to those extremes to hide information from their viewers. Wow.

I would think the Fox viewers would be highly skeptical of what their "news" channel is trying to prevent them from seeing.
While I agree with your observation, CNN has avoided showing tons of stuff from the other side including several Trump speeches while President, daily press conferences while he was President, some of the Supreme Court nominations while Trump was President, etc.
Backs up my point from yesterday that all the channels basically do this for one side or the other.

While I agree with your observation, CNN has avoided showing tons of stuff from the other side including several Trump speeches while President, daily press conferences while he was President, some of the Supreme Court nominations while Trump was President, etc.
Backs up my point from yesterday that all the channels basically do this for one side or the other.
Agreed. However, I don't know of any times that CNN went commercial-free to prevent viewers from watching a Trump Press Conference. (How many other times has FNC gone commercial-free during regular programming? Has that ever happened before?) I don't know of any time three CNN anchors were texting with a President during an active attack on the Capitol (or any other time). I don't know of any time CNN anchors appeared on-stage with a Presidential candidate at a rally. I don't know of any other news organizations who have hosts that say they talk with a President "nearly every weeknight" as Hannity said about Trump.

Both networks have "chosen sides" as John Kelly said, but one channel has clearly taken it to an extreme.

Agreed. However, I don't know of any times that CNN went commercial-free to prevent viewers from watching a Trump Press Conference. (How many other times has FNC gone commercial-free during regular programming? Has that ever happened before?) I don't know of any time three CNN anchors were texting with a President during an active attack on the Capitol (or any other time). I don't know of any time CNN anchors appeared on-stage with a Presidential candidate at a rally. I don't know of any other news organizations who have hosts that say they talk with a President "nearly every weeknight" as Hannity said about Trump.

Both networks have "chosen sides" as John Kelly said, but one channel has clearly taken it to an extreme.
Agreed to all. However, I would bet alot of money that if Obama or Biden asked Chris Cuomo, Acosta, Stelter or Lemon to appear onstage at a rally, they would be the first ones there. They are all like Tog. Blinded by their allegiance. We are screwed over by all mainstream media.

99C34411-96A1-4EC3-81E3-D78A2D32CE7E.jpeg

I understand completely. Dog hair is a perfect comparison. Aspens regrowth is so thick the first few years, a mule deer has to eat it’s why through, to get to the other side. I don’t remember how many hundred per square yard they estimate a regrowth will sprout but it’s freaking thick.

“Although aspen forests do not burn readily, aspen trees are extremely sensitive to fire. A fire intense enough to kill the aspen overstory will stimulate abundant suckering, though some suckers arise after any fire. As many as 50,000 to 100,000 suckers can sprout and grow on a single acre after a fire.”

My little cabin on the Fish Lake is about a mile from the Pando Clone, one of the largest living organisms on the plant. My favorite mule deer habitat to hunt is an aspen forest.

Your cabin is in a beautiful place.

Is CNN & MSNBC or any MSM source the arbiter of truth? I recall every network & news outlet except one declaring that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation only to find out the exact opposite. And orange man was a Putin traitor only to find out the entire Russian narrative was actually a Kankles bought & paid for operation. If I honestly wanted to be informed with the truth I certainly wouldn't put my trust in anything MSM. Where does the taxpayer go to get their $40 million + Mueller bucks back?

Is CNN & MSNBC or any MSM source the arbiter of truth? I recall every network & news outlet except one declaring that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation only to find out the exact opposite. And orange man was a Putin traitor only to find out the entire Russian narrative was actually a Kankles bought & paid for operation. If I honestly wanted to be informed with the truth I certainly wouldn't put my trust in anything MSM. Where does the taxpayer go to get their $40 million + Mueller bucks back?
Kind of like the accusation of voter fraud and election fraud, allegations that take months to build a case on. The MSM, within a week, said they fact checked it and there was no significant problem. To prove it they recounted all the fraudulent votes and came up with the same result. Nothing to see.

Pretty disappointed in myself for coming to this hunting website and spending 10 minutes reading about some people's hate of women, minorities, anyone that might be different, etc. Why do you really care so much if someone wants to identify as a different gender - more power to them doesn't really impact me. I certainly do not hate them for it or wish them harm. The guy I spent my high school and college years working for would always say 'if they are happy, I am happy for them'. He was a tough and gruff as they came, died a very wealthy man and never felt the need to put anyone else down and did not let us get away with it either.

The predictability of people is hilarious.

As soon as somebody points out Trump's corruption, the other person points out Hunter's laptop. I don't care whether Hunter spends 10 years in prison over the laptop, that in no way absolves Trump of his fraudulent attempts to overturn an election... one that even his daughter and own Cabinet officials knew was a free and fair election.

Neither does the cost of the Mueller probe or the Hillary-Benghazi investigation change what Trump did.

People used to try and pretend that the insurrection attack ("terrorist attack" as Ted Cruz has twice referred to it) was a "false flag" operation, but obviously they don't believe it or they'd want to get to the bottom of what happened.

The "bury my head in the sand" and "ignore truth that makes me uncomfortable" while diverting attention to other bad behavior is exactly the tribalism that has allowed politicians from both sides to become eminently corrupt.

If they're guilty, put them in jail. I don't care the letter after their name.

Pretty disappointed in myself for coming to this hunting website and spending 10 minutes reading about some people's hate of women, minorities, anyone that might be different, etc. Why do you really care so much if someone wants to identify as a different gender - more power to them doesn't really impact me. I certainly do not hate them for it or wish them harm. The guy I spent my high school and college years working for would always say 'if they are happy, I am happy for them'. He was a tough and gruff as they came, died a very wealthy man and never felt the need to put anyone else down and did not let us get away with it either.
Your old boss must have never met someone from Utah

The "bury my head in the sand" and "ignore truth that makes me uncomfortable" while diverting attention to other bad behavior is exactly the tribalism that has allowed politicians from both sides to become eminently corrupt.

Griz, I totally agree no matter the letter beside the name, put them in jail if they are guilty of a crime... orange man included. J-6 was a disgrace and we need to know the truth.... all of it, and how to prevent it from ever happening again. This is a one sided show trial with edited clips, with a pre-determined out come with zero opposition. Not how any congressional hearing has ever been conducted. I pointed out two instances of fake news that the media helped promulgate and or suppress so I assume since you want only truth, your head was not "buried in the sand" - and you were calling out that behavior. Two nights ago reporter Robert Costa said on CBS prime time evening news that 5 police officers were killed on J-6. It was a lie, not a single officer was killed on J-6. It would be nice if reporters from all sides reported the truth. If anyone is creating tribalism it's the media on both sides. BTW Faux's sister station Faux Business carried the hearing live and it also offered free streaming.

Does it become hate when it involves rejection of forced acceptance terms?

Griz, I totally agree no matter the letter beside the name, put them in jail if they are guilty of a crime... orange man included. J-6 was a disgrace and we need to know the truth.... all of it, and how to prevent it from ever happening again. This is a one sided show trial with edited clips, with a pre-determined out come with zero opposition. Not how any congressional hearing has ever been conducted. I pointed out two instances of fake news that the media helped promulgate and or suppress so I assume since you want only truth, your head was not "buried in the sand" - and you were calling out that behavior. Two nights ago reporter Robert Costa said on CBS prime time evening news that 5 police officers were killed on J-6. It was a lie, not a single officer was killed on J-6. It would be nice if reporters from all sides reported the truth. If anyone is creating tribalism it's the media on both sides. BTW Faux's sister station Faux Business carried the hearing live and it also offered free streaming.
I have no doubt part of this is retribution for trump being an a$$. And I don’t feel sorry for his slimy a$$ one bit.

Ask Iowan; he is proclaiming hate.

Iowan said:
Pretty disappointed in myself for coming to this hunting website and spending 10 minutes reading about some people's hate of women, minorities, anyone that might be different, etc.
Ok, so speaking hypothetically you’re saying the traditionalists are having their genders bent outside the norm ?

I don’t disagree but I also disagree with taliban style stone age romanticism.

Ok, so speaking hypothetically you’re saying the traditionalists are having their genders bent outside the norm ?

I don’t disagree but I also disagree with taliban style stone age romanticism.
I am not saying anything other than pointing out to you (likely only you) that Iowan is the one proclaiming hate.

I also asked a question: "Does it become hate when it involves rejection of forced acceptance terms?"

Go light a candle?
Please tell me what bleeding heart cause you believe I now support? I’m creeped out by the gender stuff as much as anyone. That doesn’t make me right.

Thinking though, I’m not sure I have a candle anywhere in my house. Lots of other combustibles though.

I am not saying anything other than pointing out to you (likely only you) that Iowan is the one proclaiming hate.

I also asked a question: "Does it become hate when it involves rejection of forced acceptance terms?"
There’s plenty of hatin goin on here. I think of it as arguing.

I guess that is why you only point out the bad behavior of Fox News.

Scroll up. I've said it's on both sides numerous times, acknowledged the bad behavior of CNN to those that called it out, and stated that I'm pointing out the contrarian position because so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own.

Hey blue!

You're Cuttin Our Oxygen Supply!

We gotta Breathe You Know?

Hoping The F You're Runnin A Battery Operated Saw!

Trying to restore my view of the cliffs. When we bought the place 13 years ago they were dog hair. Now they’re 30-40 feet tall and a solid 5” around. It’s like wrangling joints of 2” gasline, which is hard on an old man. I try to cut 100 a week. :) View attachment 78416

Scroll up. I've said it's on both sides numerous times, acknowledged the bad behavior of CNN to those that called it out, and stated that I'm pointing out the contrarian position because so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own.
That is presumptuous to say "so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own"
Really you have no idea what views guys on this site are exposed too.
There is guys on this site that have retired from the military, guys that retired from Law Enforcement, guys that have worked with day laborers, guys that have worked all around the world on job sites with many different cultures, but you have the audacity "so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own"

Republicans one News Station Fox News, maybe a handful of print press none major publications.
Democrats every other News station, plus all the major print press, plus all the late night talk shows on the networks, plus most all the prime time TV shows, plus now all the major professional sports leagues.
And you are troubled by Fox News not showing the Democratic dog and pony show.

MSNBC is the first news site I read every day, if the story headline interests me enough. If I think it is BS, then I search for a story line elsewhere for comparison. Then do a bit of research on my own to draw my own conclusion based on what I see in front of me or my own experience based on my education. I do the same with Fox and OAN and CNN.

That is presumptuous to say "so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own"
Really you have no idea what views guys on this site are exposed too.
There is guys on this site that have retired from the military, guys that retired from Law Enforcement, guys that have worked with day laborers, guys that have worked all around the world on job sites with many different cultures, but you have the audacity "so few on this site are exposed to views different than their own"

Republicans one News Station Fox News, maybe a handful of print press none major publications.
Democrats every other News station, plus all the major print press, plus all the late night talk shows on the networks, plus most all the prime time TV shows, plus now all the major professional sports leagues.
And you are troubled by Fox News not showing the Democratic dog and pony show.
It's not presumptuous when guys here brag that they only watch certain news channels and read certain websites. It's happened dozens of times. They're proud of it.

It seems you missed the irony in trying to say people watch news they don't agree with while also mentioning that FNC didn't show the hearings, which you called a "dog and pony show" but didn't even get to see if you watched Fox ?

Fox even went over two hours without a commercial to make sure nobody flipped channels and saw the hearings. They're the biggest promotors of people not seeing something they disagree with, even when it comes out of their own pockets in the way of advertising dollars. They'll lose money to make sure their viewers are insulated from something that could hurt Trump. So sad.

Fox even went over two hours without a commercial to make sure nobody flipped channels and saw the hearings. They're the biggest promotors of people not seeing something they disagree with, even when it comes out of their own pockets in the way of advertising dollars. They'll lose money to make sure their viewers are insulated from something that could hurt Trump. So sad.
[/QUOTE]

You really think grown adults are not capable of turning to the channel that is showing the Hering because Fox New is not showing commercials.
What a laugh, you are special.
Maybe it is you that needs to recognize others view points.

You really think grown adults are not capable of turning to the channel that is showing the Hering because Fox New is not showing commercials.
What a laugh, you are special.
Maybe it is you that needs to recognize others view points.

You ask me if I think Fox viewers are not capable of changing the channel? Fox is the one that chose to run REGULAR PROGRAMMING COMMERCIAL FREE. It wasn't running a special event, it was just regular old Tucker and Hannity with two hours of special guests telling millions of Americans why they should remain in the dark instead of hearing Trump's own officials speak about January 6th. Clearly they had a purpose behind their decision. They dedicated the entire evening to keeping people blind.

And to your second paragraph... Fox obviously doesn't feel those "grown adults" can think for themselves or they wouldn't have gone to unprecedented extremes to prevent their viewers from seeing what was happening.

Instead they relegated the hearings to FBN, which gets 1/30th the viewers on a typical night. Bret Baier said it very well during his coverage, “The focus seems to be the target of President Donald Trump, and he looks really bad."

Here's a link in case you missed it. The meat and potatoes starts at 18:40.

PS . That night 20MM viewers watched the hearings, 3MM viewers watched FNC, and 200k viewers watched FBN.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom