G&F feeding elk to prevent landowner conflicts?

jm77

Long Time Member
I'm surprised they are not opening another Auxiliary Season instead. There are two already approved and killing elk.

Last edited:
Well, Wyoming G & F is, whether admitted to or not, a wing of the Wyoming Stockgrowers Association. So, ya, not surprised

If you don't believe, just get into a disagreement with a land baron or blm rancher............you'll find that the G & F will always default to their interests

Why not try those hunts on here in 7 and 6?
They did for what 1 or 2 years I think and stopped.
It's late but for population control what better way to get some cows and future offspring reduced ?

Just thinking aloud here.

Why not try those hunts on here in 7 and 6?
They did for what 1 or 2 years I think and stopped.
It's late but for population control what better way to get some cows and future offspring reduced ?

Just thinking aloud here.
Without a doubt there will be an auxiliary hunt in 6 or 7, however, based on the landowner, those hunts may or may not go out to the public. The landowner may choose their own hunters.

I'm surprised they are not opening another Auxiliary Season instead. There are two already approved and killing elk.

Do you have a link about the auxiliary season? First I’ve heard of it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom