Fire in the Pecos

salsola

Forest fire just started in the Pecos canyon near Tres Lagunas. Hope everyone in the canyon gets out safe and they get on top of the fire soon.

I saw the smoke from SF during my boy's baseball game. Hope it gets controlled soon. Could get out of hand quick with the way the winds have been blowing.

Looks like the fire season is here again...do your rain dance.
There is allot of forest that needs to be thinned/burned but not where peoples homes are. I hope they can get it under control.And all of you that are out in the forest be careful...IT'S VERY DRY.

CC

earlyriser..

what team is your boy on? we saw a smoke also from Ragel Park where our sons played baseball game yesterday..

talked to friend at work this morning said fire is going into Holy Ghost Campground ....it MUST be bad fire...

vinihunt

I hunted that area a couple times a few years back,just north of the Vivash ranch and the older burn.There was dead down timber for miles,I hope they allowed some harvesting of that lumber. Alot of good lumber laying on the ground. The small ranch I was on had done alot of thinning and breaks but it is on the top above Holy Ghost,hope its OK.

vinihunt,
My son plays for metro league. He is on the Giants. We were playing at the National League park by Nava. You are the second MMer that I know of that lives in SF.

High winds today. I hope they get on top of it quick!

I work on a wildland fire crew, word on the fire now is that it is 1000 acres and expected to grow today. expected winds today are 20 to 25 out of the west with gusts up to 45.

dmaxarchr,

thanks for the update. Is there a feeling about how big this one might get?

West winds would push it to the 2000 Viveash fire which would improve the chances of catching this thing while it's small(ish).

well the FMO of the fire program i work for which stands for Fire Management Officer is the Incident commander of the type 2 team that is taking over the fire today. talking to him early this morning he predicted it would at least triple in size today. i do know there were already over fifty engines and 6 hotshot crews on it today. hopefully the winds die down to let crews get in and do some work.

I hunted that country with my kids this past thanksgiving and it looked like it had already burned a couple years prior. We were south of Holy ghost a bit around Cow creek, but not too far from there. Hope they get it under control. Keep us posted- that's beautiful country.

WH

Looks like it's burnt the ranch I hunted and surrounding FS lands above Davis, Willow creek. Maybe into Soldier Creek/Cow creek drainage. It's just south of the Pecos Wilderness now and SE of Elk Mtn.Bummer,beautiful country.

It must be getting worse...my son is a Flagstaff Hot Shot and he was dispatched to it on Sunday...I hope they can contain it.

Praying for calm weather and for all the Firefighters who are out there working.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom