Ethics question

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It looks like there will be another wolf hunt. About time!

If I have a wolf tag and I accidentally gut shoot a wolf and fail to recover it, do I punch my tag and end the hunt, or should I keep hunting?

Eel

Good question!!! Makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

why would you treat one legal game animal different than any other? seems pretty simple to me.

I cannot incriminate myself on a public internet forum. But, if I do gut shoot a wolf, it will not be an accident. mtmuley

Eel, are you out of bullets?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

GEEZUS!

Everybody knows if you live in KALI,it ain't Ethical to shoot the Big bad Wolf!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Eel, in this instance, for this animal, i do believe that the .223 with FMJ ammo would get the job done!

No, and Yes!

Joey

Im positive I saw you hit low,he only jumped and yelped because you scared the crap out of him...

I admit that I've got Dyscalculia (a kind of numerical dyslexia), but I'm pretty sure the Bag Limit is 11??

I'm also one of them dudes that think smoking is cool...hell, I'd smoke a Pack a day if I had the chance!! :)

Nope, that mutt jumped because of the dirt the bullet kicked up. Keep hunting.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

LOL HH!

That is your best Pic!:D

Ya I am positive you missed... Keep hunting until you know for sure. Or run out of bullets.

It kind of depends...... if the woof runndoff then I say keep hunting. If the woof is stepping on it's guts I'd wait & see if some coyotes or crows came in to feed. Wait till the crows, coyotes & magpies clean up most of the mess & then shoot all of them. Now.... your tag is still good. Continue hunting. (GAWD what a great day)

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

YUP!

Sure did!:D

I just can't figure out the wind when shooting at wolves. I try to dope the wind and guess how many minutes of angle to hold into the wind but I'm always off and my shots drift back in to the guts. Then the wolves run off and I never can find them.

;) Smokepoler63

That's not MOA... It is MOG (minute of gut) invented by stinkystomper...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I purpose that all wolf hunting will require a .223 cal rifle and only military full metal jacket bullets be used. Remember we have too protect the vultures from ingesting lead that may kill them.

Of course being restricted to that ammo and caliber, we will have many wolves that will run off and never be recovered, so the hunter may continue hunting until he is able to fill his tag.

RELH

I'm pretty sure I read in the Tester bill that party hunting was allowed so just get your buddy to tag the extras. The boys in MT and ID need to hit em hard this year, we don't know what the future brings

Good thinking RELH.... We must protect them buzzards ..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

A gutshot wolf will most likely be the next thing on the wolf packs' dinner menu......it won't last long.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

If I get the chance to legally take a wolf...it wont run off wounded. I want a few hides for the wall.

I don't like wolves either, but joking or not, these kind of comments only give the antis more fuel to use against us.

And I hope the comments are all sarcasm, or else ethics have just been tossed out the window.

Sorry....there is very little ethical behaviour in a predators' daily life.

A wolf is just a big coyote and I REALLY don't care what the antis' think about how they die!

My only "ethical" issue is with takin' 2 animals with only one tag....might have to ponder that awhile.

Nickman said, "Sorry....there is very little ethical behaviour in a predators' daily life."

Judging by most of the replies in this thread, I'd have to agree.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-11 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]What you are saying then is, you have no problem doing something illegal as long as it pertains to wolves? But if someone draws blood on a deer or elk he should consider his tag punched even though it would be perfectly legal for him to continue hunting.

But I do agree with you that I don't give a rats a$$ what the antis think, they are going to be against us no matter what. The groups that we don't want to alienate are those that haven't taken a stance yet, just saying that we "should" care about what those folks think of us as a group.

Actually, what I am saying is, that I won't generally put myself at risk by breaking the law.....at risk of losing my hunting rights.

My problem is that I am a "serial dog killer" and am so addicted, that I seldom can control the urge when an opportunity presents itself.

Ethics has nothing to do with it at all, I have NONE when it comes to predators....which was the topic of this thread.

You cannot know how little I care about other peoples ethics.....in any regard.

The problem really lies with the general publics perception of wolves. Some think that wolves are some mysterious god like creature with a "complex social structure". In reality, they kill, eat, sleep, and screw just like any canine on the planet.

If you looked hard enough, I'm sure you could discover all the fine attributes of the Norway Rat also.

Thanks a lot Walt Disney.

Eel

I just wish that they would give less rifle wolf tags during the rut and open it up to more archery hunters. All of these rifle hunters that wound wolves and keep on hunting is just plain wrong.

>The problem really lies with the
>general publics perception of wolves.
>Some think that wolves are
>some mysterious god like creature
>with a "complex social structure".
>In reality, they kill, eat,
>sleep, and screw just like
>any canine on the planet.
>
>
>If you looked hard enough, I'm
>sure you could discover all
>the fine attributes of the
>Norway Rat also.
>
>Thanks a lot Walt Disney.
>
>Eel

The more that liberal treehuggers worship the wolf, the worse redneck hunters hate the wolf.

I sure as shizzle ain't gonna be aiming for guts.
A prime adult wolf is one Helluva trophy.
I'd rather get a crack at an Alpha male than a good buck or bull.
But then, I'm a bit off.

:)

I WANT TAGS!!!!

ATT00278.jpg

I can't WAIT till they import them to California......course I'll just shoot the sick, old and weak ones........

Harry, you're the one with the stuffed 100 lb. German Shepard in your living room. Who's the redneck?:) I'll take a freezer full of meat, thank you.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom