England is Out

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
England voted to leave the EU. Some 401's may be hit. I have other investments but some friends are worried.

What's your thought's...

Scotland may seek their own vote. France may be behind much of the subjects. With unknown refugees flooding many shores, xenophobia (Fear of Strangers) may be inner thoughts yet, never spoken because it's not politically correct. Then others say it's a Muslim flood and I have no clue what is true.

Many years ago I heard politicians say Mexicans coming into California will take away jobs. Heck, I never saw White's, Black's, Asian's ect...picking Asparagus in 100+ degree heat out in fields. I respected the Mexican workers but that is different than immigration policies.

I am not aware of Muslim situations but we have a large populace of folks from India. They stick together and have jobs lined up before coming here. Heck, all of my Dr's are from India.

Possibly the EU matter is based upon former acts from Liberals and Conservatives are stepping up, taking control. I asked a friend in England and he said it would take an hour long phone conversation to give me the basics.

I am too far removed to truly understand both sides. It may take two years to begin to see what happens.

Jagerdad

I have a friend in England near Stone Hinge with a Hunting Estate. He has taken my Daughter and I Roe Buck Hunting and is a true English Gentleman. I asked him about the Voting ref England leaving the EU. He sent me the below that a few of you may find worth reading in it's entirety.

I am not sounding an alarm, just learning from a reliable old friend right in the mix. It is a wide reaching topic.

Jagerdad

-------------------------------------------
John,
Have a read https://mises.org/blog/why-brexit-better-britain

This from the Marlin website

Yup, the French are behaving like a dumped girlfriend who wants to keep the ring whilst trying to stop you getting a new girl.

The Germans are worried about how they are going to be left to pay for it all and the rest of Europe is now looking at the mess that has happened in their own countries and are now wondering if THEY need to come out-

Is 'Brexit' the Beginning of End for European Union? - NBC News

Unfortunately this was the same way that they dealt with the law-making process. They just made something up in a back office and then presented it to the rest of the MEP's as a fait accompli, who then had no way of rejecting it..................does that sound like democracyhttp://www.marlinowners.com/forum/images/smilies/huh.gif?

And now we are telling them that we ain't going to accept this sort of high-and-mighty government by a load of unelected bureaucrats they get all miffy and throw a hissy-fit like the dictators that they are.

Where else in the democratic world would you find laws being made by an unelected committee who then tells the government what to do; it just doesn't make sense. And what is worse is that all of the countries in Europe have stood for it for decades, mainly because most of the poorer ones were in it for the money they could scrounge and didn't give a hoot for the loss of their own law-making powers.

And if turkey joins there will be 80,000,000 Muslims looking to enter into the decadent west in order to improve their poverty-stricken lifestyles and they won't give a cuss about the trouble and mess they bring with them.

As for Scotland.....the biggest bunch of scrounging whingers you could have the misfortune to find anywhere on the planet.
They have free university tuition (paid for by the rest of the UK)
Free prescription charges (paid for by the rest of the UK)
Free parking at hospitals, whilst the rest of us have to pay (paid for by the rest of the UK)

And when they find out that we want to leave the EU they start crying into their beer about wanting to stay and because they had no choice. They did have a choice; they could have chosen their own independence but that would have meant paying for everything themselves, something they have never done because their economy just couldn't cope with.

If any other country had voted to leave the EU they would have been threatened and bullied with economic sanctions (look at Greece and Iceland when they wanted to leave the Euro').
But because its the UK and we pay a colossal amount of money into the EU coffers (for them to waste at their leisure) we are made out to be spiteful and ungrateful.

Gar.

Gareth

1. Scotland Seeks to Leave the UK Since Brexit
It's taken hundreds of thousands of lives and 700 years to unite the UK and just an election to rip it apart. Some things that look good when you're mad and have had a drink or two don't after you've sobered up and calmed down. Have you checked your IRA balance this morning?

Scotland's government began moves Friday to hold a new referendum on independence from the U.K. after the "Brexit" vote, saying it faced being taken out of the European Union against its will. First Minister and Scottish National Party (SNP) leader Nicola Sturgeon said officials would plan for a "highly likely" vote on separation from the rest of the U.K.

Scots voted by 62 percent to 38 percent to remain in the EU, according to Friday's results, in contrast to the overall U.K.-wide result of 52 percent to 48 percent in favor of quitting the bloc.

A majority of voters in Northern Ireland also voted to remain in the EU, suggesting the U.K. faces internal constitutional upheaval as well as a contentious divorce from Brussels.

Scotland Seeks Independence Again After U.K. 'Brexit' Vote - NBC News

July 8

"Today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average racked up 251 points (or 1.4%), setting a new high for the year. In fact, new highs were reached by all the major U.S. equity indexes".

Kochirakoso arigatoo gozaimasu.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom