Enclosed Cargo Trailers

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I am looking for some direction and advice for enclosed trailers. I believe that your experience will likely help me more than a salesman.....

I plan to use the trailer for storing and hauling my UTV, along with tents and some gear. My UTV is a crew cab Kawasaki Teryx. I have used a flatbed trailer in the past, which has worked fine, but I like the idea of storing my UTV in an enclosed trailer (mostly in winter) when I am not using it.

A couple of questions I have are:

1- What length do you recommend?
2- Do you like/recommend the aluminum construction?
3- So you like having the side door entrance, is it worth it?
4- Have you upgraded the interior (floor coating)?

Is there anything you would change about the one you bought?

Would welcome your feedback....

Thank you!

I've got one that I use often and wouldn't be without. I bought it new in 2019. Its a 16' Charmac with 2-3500 lb axles. It easily hauls 2 4-wheelers and all my camping stuff. I camp in it quite a bit as well. Here are my answers to your questions:

1- What length do you recommend? 16'
2- Do you like/recommend the aluminum construction? I like the aluminum construction. Even fully loaded, it tows pretty easy with a standard gas pickup. Aluminum skin picks up a lot of dents when traveling on gravel roads.
3- So you like having the side door entrance, is it worth it? Definitely worth it. Great for fueling access and if you end up camping in it like I do.
4- Have you upgraded the interior (floor coating)? I didn't upgrade the floor but it would be a good idea. I have a carpet that I put in it that can be removed and cleaned.

If I did it again, I might look for a model with a wider box and the fender-wells inside. If I could keep the same amount of ground clearance, the extra width would be nice. The deck on mine is a bit high but I love the clearance. A ramp rear door with stabilizers is a must for loading ATVs. -------SS

image0.jpeg

This Is What I'd Get!

1722117967010.png

Mine Does Have A Side/Man Door!

Mine Is Shorter Than The One In This Picture!

Interstate Trailers Are Perty Decent Quality!

The Ford will easily Pull The Bigger Longer Trailer!

Mine Is A Storage Shed For My Sleds & Other Misc BS!

BIG BUBBAS Kinda Up Your Way Use To Sell Interstates,I Don't Know If He Still Does?

You Better At Least Look At The Interstates!

You Know What They Say woodruff?

The BIGGER The BETTER!:D

This Is What I'd Get!

View attachment 152292

Mine Does Have A Side/Man Door!

Mine Is Shorter Than The One In This Picture!

Interstate Trailers Are Perty Decent Quality!

The Ford will easily Pull The Bigger Longer Trailer!

Mine Is A Storage Shed For My Sleds & Other Misc BS!

BIG BUBBAS Kinda Up Your Way Use To Sell Interstates,I Don't Know If He Still Does?

You Better At Least Look At The Interstates!

You Know What They Say woodruff?

The BIGGER The BETTER!:D
Man, that looks like plumbing money; a little out of my budget :D
What is the length of your trailer?
That sounds like a great setup.
I am tired of pulling around a flat bed....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom