Elk skull for mounting sheds

Servehim

Very Active Member
Greetings guys, hoping to get some words of wisdom. I've got a couple sets of matching sheds that want to put together. I'm struggling to find a quality fake skull I could use, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've looked at Mountain Mikes and even considered making my own from a 4x4 . Thanks in advance MM faithful. Jim

Thanks Jim, I like that $180 number better than the $300-400 . The pictures on website don't show if the plastic mold has 1 or 2 pre- drilled holes to attach the antler ( hoping its 2) I like the different camo patterns they offer. I've got a Mountain Mike's elk skull and it has 2 pre-drilled holes for each side. Thanks again

Thanks Jim, I like that $180 number better than the $300-400 . The pictures on website don't show if the plastic mold has 1 or 2 pre- drilled holes to attach the antler ( hoping its 2) I like the different camo patterns they offer. I've got a Mountain Mike's elk skull and it has 2 pre-drilled holes for each side. Thanks again
Deer was 1 hole each side, looks like their site the elk is the same

I'm leaning that way as I have one in my hands already. One thing I don't like is the predrilled holes aren't at the best angle, they need to be slanted out more to get to the middle of the shed. I can't get 2" into the antler before I penetrate the top. Might need to re- drill the holes but hate to do damage to the skulls strength. Once again MM faithful i appreciate your help, any one see this issue yourselves and have a solution?

I'd have to see the sheds to give you the best advice... 😁😉😁

I've only ever used Mountain Mike's, but those are all deer sets.

I'm leaning that way as I have one in my hands already. One thing I don't like is the predrilled holes aren't at the best angle, they need to be slanted out more to get to the middle of the shed. I can't get 2" into the antler before I penetrate the top. Might need to re- drill the holes but hate to do damage to the skulls strength. Once again MM faithful i appreciate your help, any one see this issue yourselves and have a solution?
You can bend the pins to give better angle into the antler.

Toposkulls.com
20240428_155217[1].jpg
20240512_192308[1].jpg
20240512_143247[1].jpg

Took a look. Curious how you secure antlers, thats a big hole at the pedicule. The website doesn't have any details that I saw about how antlers attach. Does kit come with screw/bolt hardware?

Yes comes with all the hardware you need to mount it. Just drill a hole with the provided drill bit and then insert the swivel bolt that allows you to adjust for your desired angle.
As far as the pedicule goes I have mounted many smaller rag horns and the burr still covers it up. Feel free to give it a try and if you don't like it I will give a full refund.

20240517_174250.jpg

20240516_072406.jpg

20240516_072331.jpg

Logan's product at toposkulls.com is a pretty neat product in my opinion. Simple to use and I am happy with the end result. Priced right and something different/unique. Best part is Logan seems like a great dude and was super cool to work with. I plan on getting more down the road.

topo skulls 1.jpeg

topo skulls 2.jpeg

topo skulls 3.jpeg

topo skulls 4.jpeg

topo skulls 5.jpeg

topo skulls 6.jpeg

Got your product Logan, excellent and prompt service sir. I drilled the first antler and getting it figured out. The design with the adjustable swivel mounting bracket looks to be the ticket. Once I get it completed I'll text you a pic and you can post it here if you'd like. Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom