Elk 60a/ 60

IDoutdoors

Cant believe I lucked out and drew an Idaho bull tag 60a/60 Nov. 1-30. How has the quality and number of bulls been the last few years? Any other pointers would be great. Thanks

It's still one of the more fun hunts over here, at that time of year. Very successful, just by road hunting the desert, but with heavy snow the really big ones come down of the IP bench the last week. Hunting up in 60 is compounded by trees, and the wolves still chasing them around up there. Early is definitely a tougher hunt.

I think they are still shooting about 50% 6 points. My wife, one son, and I have all had those bull tags, and supplement them with cow hunts when we can. She refers to it as a "hot chocolate" hunt; where she reads, naps, and eats until I find them and holler they they are. Then she is interested in the hunt!! :)

Not sure if you've found much help or not but I've got a few "spots" I could help out with
Hi tmills 124
Haven’t found to much help yet. I’ve hunted this unit just a couple of times. went out with my dad last year (he had a cow tag only hunted 2 days) didn’t get one only saw one cow. I’ve hunted it a long time back myself mostly on the top of Ashton Hill a little bit and then the south part of the unit off the red road. I don’t know most of the unit very well. My 11 year old drew the cow tag also. Thanks for any help you give!

Are you local or traveling a ways? My dad had the tag last year and it's also my local units for general deer. Last year we saw bulls every day we were out which was most of the month. Good glass is a must since you can be looking over miles of desert

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom