Eel / Shelter cove

Long Time Member
Eel,

I don't know if it officially open for use or not but it might just be mincing words anyway. Friday the dickweed will be over here with me and Junior 1 and 2. Might want to check it out. I will send you a heads up text if he heads back early. If by chance a legit occupant has shelter cove let me know and I will give you directions to Bodega.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The original dickweed and idiot abroad. Has his picture posted on his signature line with him sitting next to the globe.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

He Ain't sitting by the Globe!

It's a Pictionary Quiz!

Than Answer is:

"I've got the World By the Balls"!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-16 AT 04:47PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the heads up 1911. I'm headed over. Our secret.

The NorCal Kayak Anglers had their annual tournament in mid May. I couldn't go because I had no place to stay. :(

1753vermmy.jpg

52770scove.jpg

47564lingcodannie.jpg

63114cleaning.jpg

91217scove2.jpg

Is SNAGGIN one of them Big Bastards Legal?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Are them Orange Fish Rock Cod?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

You guys killed em, eel! That is a very impressive ling that the girl caught. Where are you guys going out of? I see you have stabilizers on your kayak. Is that so the great whites will bite those first as a warning?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Eel, Shelter Cove is out of the running for you to stay and fish. Cuz told me that he rented the place out for the entire summer to the "Gay liberation Alliance" in order to keep you from sneaking into there free of charge. He figured you would not want to rub elbows with that group and he made some money also.

RELH

Wisz, that's Shelter Cove. It's a kayak fisherman's holy grail as a lot of fish are caught within a 1/2 mile of the beach. A couple charter boats run out of Shelter Cove, but the kayak fishermen out fish them. The trick is catching the right ocean conditions.

I didn't go this year. I paid up but the ocean was rough and it poured down rain most of the day. I'm too old for those conditions. The next day was a lot better as the photos show.

elkassassin, they're all classified as ground fish. There are many kinds of rock fish which are different than Cod. There are many kinds of cod too. These red ones are Vermillion Rock Fish. There are a few others that are red color. No, snagging is not permitted.

You heard about the 4 guys and one girl who went fishing at Shelter Cove? The girl came home with a red snapper.

Damn some of those fish are so ugly I would have to cut my line. You need to come out here. These tropical deep waters yield better fish. Plus no paddle required.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Eel,

How often do those yackers go out and never come back? You've got nerves of steel. I'd get myself killed within 3 trips. I'd snag some great white and get pulled 50 miles to sea.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

?Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.?
― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

Those orange or red ones are sooo good in beer batter, yum!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-16 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p]>Them threshers eat good eel?

I've never tried it but they swear by them. I doubt it's as good as deer or elk liver. :D

When using a kayak, does folks use Jig's or Bait..?

I was amazed when I had a very basic Jig and when I reeled up the first fish, a larger fish fell off on the boat deck. It had swallowed the one caught on the Hook. I thought that only happened on Popeye cartoons. I was just South of where these fishermen are. Do they get x2+ fish per hook..? Mine were not as large either as those pictured.

I hear the girls red snapper eel speaks of tastes like oysters that's been left in the hot sun for 2 days...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>Them threshers eat good eel?

Thrashers & Mako's are great tasting! I can remember back in the late 70's and early 80's, as a cook for the Chart House Restaurants and Moonshadows in Malibu, cooking those up. They were a hot item when fresh. They taste a lot like Sword Fish. Great tasting!!!

I Hear the Korean Bar is off Limits this year?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

"When using a kayak, does folks use Jig's or Bait..?"

Either works at times. I usually put a piece of squid or herring on my jig.

"I was amazed when I had a very basic Jig and when I reeled up the first fish, a larger fish fell off on the boat deck. It had swallowed the one caught on the Hook. I thought that only happened on Popeye cartoons."

It happens often. There has been talk lately about the legality of keeping the larger fish since it technically wasn't legally hooked. The official answer is it is not legal and must be released, and some people do.

It is legal for you catch a small fish and use it for bait, but you must include the smaller fish in your bag limit.

I stuck close to home this morning. I had a good time catching perch and jack smelt in the bay. Catch and release on the perch. I kept a few smelt for lingcod bait. It was too nice to sit home.

74860elkriverperch001.jpg

90990elkriverperch004.jpg

39631elkriverperch003.jpg

You got the life, eel.

We killed and ate a thresher out here four or five years ago. I would rate it in the top 3 fish I've eaten. The tails are cool too.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom