eel in his younger years

rugarm77

2151turtle.jpg

Eel is probably in mourning after the death of Lonesome George, the last of the La Pinta Galapagos tortoise.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-12 AT 03:47PM (MST)[p]"Eel is probably in mourning after the death of Lonesome George, the last of the La Pinta Galapagos tortoise"

I read that LG was 100 years old when he died. Eel couldn't have been more than 25 years old himself when LG was born...... Terry

It was a long time ago, but I remember that photo. I used to walk my turtle in the park every morning. Every morning at 7:00AM we would head out. We would walk to the river and back. It was about 50 yards from the truck to the river. We would always be back at the truck by noon.

One night someone shot my turtle while it was in it's pen. I heard the shell is somewhere in Texas now. Austin, I think.

Thanks for the memories Rug!

Eel

eel I thought you would enjoy that. I remember hearing about the poaching incident from stories past on from my great great great grandfather.

You might have know him, his name was "first rug"?

Texas? Well I think someone on here needs to come clean!!!

ROY????

I think your correct Eel regarding your beloved turtle and his shell being in Texas. I have heard of a guy in Austin that is selling turtle shells on Craigslist that claims to be a renowned turtle hunter. I won't mention a name but I think you know who I am referring to.

I thought he was a ethical turtle hunter but..... Just sayin'

"Our house is protected by the good lord and a gun, You'll meet both of them if you show up uninvited."

Rug, I don't recall a "First Rug". I hunted with a guy named Persian Rug a few times. He had a sister named Accent Rug. I had a girlfriend named Throw Rug once. She threw me down every time I tried to get romantic.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-12 AT 09:46PM (MST)[p]Rans ya plick! Wrong rug family. We have a proud family and history. Generations of us rug's past present and future pay our taxes on time!

Rans why the hate? You still mad about that thing on your face? lol :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom