Economy and pets

sremim

Very Active Member
I know there has been a lot of posts about the economy and many are probably tired of it, but I had to throw this one out there.

How many of you still budget for your pets? What I mean is if there were an emergency would you be able to afford to take your pet to the vet and get it what it needs?

I'm only asking because I have a first hand look at the number of cats and dogs being put down because the owner cannot afford to pay for treatment. My wife is a vet and almost everyday they have someone they have to turn away because they can't pay. They even offer payment plans, but many refuse.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

I just recently had to take my 4 month old lab to the vet. Yes it was somthing that could not be put off. So yes this was an emergency. Luck for me the bill was only 250, I was expecting around 400. My little budy is a life long investment I think I would try and do whatever I can to take care of her. On the other hand my wife has a yorkie that needs to be groomed. Guess that is a little lower on the priority this month LOL. Jason

guy at work has a lab with a grapefruit size lump above back left ham and vet said it was cancar but won't have it removed i said i would no matter what the cost up to a few thousand bucks!

Rackmaster

496fab8546749f27.jpg

>Do cats taste like chicken?

Ask the owner of this frig.

Do you drink red wine with cat or "Light"
49b05e9e042fe5d2.jpg

Just don't tell HH. :)

Rack...
just my 2 cents.

My 12 year old lab had a lump on the back of her rear leg..otherwise very healthy. The vet said it was cancer so it needed to go...long story...she ended up with three legs and she did fine, but only lasted about a 8 months, but it killed me to see her hop around when at least before she could have ran for awhile. I will never do that again. Didn't mean to change the subject.

People around here are trying to give their horses away. They can't afford to feed 'em let alone a vet bill.

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom