If you want to gain some independence from the big players, you may want to look into purchasing your own domain from a provider like GoDaddy.

So you can have an email address like [email protected] with no worries about pixel tracking, cookies or other "bloat". You will have a simple interface and any amount of addresses you would like. It is your system and you own it, so you dictate what gets installed as far as additional features and functions.

These services are pretty cheap, around $6 per month

i like using outlook. its what work uses and i got use to it

i use gmail for junk. everyone needs a email for orders or going to a golf course. give them that. was forced to have gmail with the phone and i hate it

i like using outlook. its what work uses and i got use to it
Outlook is not bad. It's the lesser evil of the bunch.

With Gmail, you just need to be ultra-vigilant about locking down your system by not allowing tracking cookies and IP-trackers. Go to google.com and search for "cottage cheese" and within an hour, you will find ads and emails for cottage cheese when you login to Gmail.

This is tracking at its finest. Also, when you receive a spam email and open it then delete it, it doesn't matter. Spammers will know you opened their message and have already harvested some information about your system (browser version, IP address, OS metadata, etc). With that info, they can then target you with more junk.

Yeah, I work in Tech and this is why I hunt...to get away from the computers whenever I can. lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom