Double archery success

nvbucksnbulls

My wife and I had an incredible archery season. My best archery buck and her first. We couldn’t be happier with the results.
IMG_4065.jpeg
IMG_4025.jpeg
IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_6906.jpeg

Congratulations those bucks are definitely better than average these days.
Kind of a teaser to post pics with no story!
Please fill us in on the details of the hunt?
Thanks

Congratulations those bucks are definitely better than average these days.
Kind of a teaser to post pics with no story!
Please fill us in on the details of the hunt?
Thanks
Thank you.
I’ll give the quick version: We drew 241-245 archery as a party. We had no business drawing it with the points we had but we were excited. I did cameras and scouted my butt off and my buck was my favorite buck that I knew of. I had a close call on opening day but a big gust of wind right at my back right before I was in position to shoot put an end to that.
Eventually we found my buck and he was with a sweet buck that my wife had her heart set on. She insisted that I go kill mine and then she’d worry about hers. 3 hours later I was standing in the 95 degree heat at 55 yards waiting for him to stand. Finally he did and I made it count. He went up the draw about 75 yards and nose dived into a ravine.

The following weekend my wife still had her heart set on a certain buck. She passed the buck she later killed on Saturday morning. I didn’t get a look at him that morning. Later she told me he had double eye guards on one side and I knew which buck it was from trail camera pics. I knew his forks weren’t good but still couldn’t believe that she would pass on him. The next evening she decided to go to a glassing point to try to find the eye guard buck again. She called me on the radio and said she found him and that he was more impressive than she had thought he was. I got to where I could see him and she started in on him. I didn’t think she would make it before dark but luckily the buck stopped feeding and started walking right down the drawn towards her. After a few minutes of both her and the buck working towards each other she saw him at 50 yards. She started struggling with her release and by the time she got it hooked to her d loop the buck was only 20 yards away. He walked behind a tree and she drew back. He walked out at only 10 yards! She hit him with a perfect quartering shot and he went maybe 150 yards. I couldn’t see where he ran. I could only hear him. We thought he went down but could not find him. We searched for hours. The next morning we continued to search and after a couple hours I found him. I thought I heard him go a certain way but he actually went further east than I thought he could have so that’s why we didn’t find him the night before. My buck is 33” wide with 43.75” of mass. Hers is 31” with 40.25” of mass. We worked out tails off but were also blessed with some good luck to make it happen.

Thank you.
I’ll give the quick version: We drew 241-245 archery as a party. We had no business drawing it with the points we had but we were excited. I did cameras and scouted my butt off and my buck was my favorite buck that I knew of. I had a close call on opening day but a big gust of wind right at my back right before I was in position to shoot put an end to that.
Eventually we found my buck and he was with a sweet buck that my wife had her heart set on. She insisted that I go kill mine and then she’d worry about hers. 3 hours later I was standing in the 95 degree heat at 55 yards waiting for him to stand. Finally he did and I made it count. He went up the draw about 75 yards and nose dived into a ravine.

The following weekend my wife still had her heart set on a certain buck. She passed the buck she later killed on Saturday morning. I didn’t get a look at him that morning. Later she told me he had double eye guards on one side and I knew which buck it was from trail camera pics. I knew his forks weren’t good but still couldn’t believe that she would pass on him. The next evening she decided to go to a glassing point to try to find the eye guard buck again. She called me on the radio and said she found him and that he was more impressive than she had thought he was. I got to where I could see him and she started in on him. I didn’t think she would make it before dark but luckily the buck stopped feeding and started walking right down the drawn towards her. After a few minutes of both her and the buck working towards each other she saw him at 50 yards. She started struggling with her release and by the time she got it hooked to her d loop the buck was only 20 yards away. He walked behind a tree and she drew back. He walked out at only 10 yards! She hit him with a perfect quartering shot and he went maybe 150 yards. I couldn’t see where he ran. I could only hear him. We thought he went down but could not find him. We searched for hours. The next morning we continued to search and after a couple hours I found him. I thought I heard him go a certain way but he actually went further east than I thought he could have so that’s why we didn’t find him the night before. My buck is 33” wide with 43.75” of mass. Hers is 31” with 40.25” of mass. We worked out tails off but were also blessed with some good luck to make it happen.
Sounds Great!
Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations again to both of you!

Great bucks, had to be brutal in that heat!
It was! Especially the day I killed mine. The weekend my wife killed hers was actually pretty nice. It was in the 30s the night we couldn’t find her buck. That was a big blessing because nothing spoiled.

Last edited:
Awesome, awesome!!! Congratulations

You'll have to share the pics here as well.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom