DEER APPS IN WYOMING

rugarm77

Hello all I know the deadline is the 15th. I sent my app of tonight for region H with 2 points and will draw it.

Just wondering what you all put in for and how many points you had. What are your chances to draw?

Good luck to all this year. Rug

Good choice Rug...

I am still tossing my options around----max. pts.....

I had just two units of interest and now I am 3....

141/162

Maybe I will just put them in a hat and pick one out and that will be it! ha

Robb

That is funny, Robb. I have the same 3 units in mind. Problem is 90 has become the "Vogue" unit and 141 had the season shortened. Then 102 is the standby for most guys.

I had my wife draw 125. It stunk. While there we scouted 118/119 and didn't see a buck worth waiting 5 years to hang a tag on. 128 has lost its luster also. What to do, what to do..... I should have just kept hunting G or H every other year from the start of the points.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

I'm in for 102 with 6 points...

Put my boy in for it too,,,3 points.
Region E 2nd choice.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I remember your Mrs hunt up there Mike---tough hunt for sure.

I got mine done now so I will just see how it plays out.

'Cheapie Fee' of course.

Did 'F' 3rd choice as I really would like to add a decent Whitetail buck to my wall.

I end up eating that tag most years not even going as it overlaps my home state-late date Ram hunts and I am up helping chase sheep with a tag holder or two during those Nov. 'F' hunt dates.

'goofyelk' I go every year Mid-May over to 102 and hike around and check out the winter kill and what type of fawns made it thru ect.....
I already made my resrv at Firemans by Dutch John---if ya wanna hook-up for a day hike on BARETOP (Rams) and a day hike in 102 (deer/elk-31) let me know.

Robb

Thanks Robb!!, Just might take you up on the offer some day,
I'll buy lunch..

I've about decided to hold out for 102 deer and do it with
the bow. Even if its still 6-8 years out......

I'm kinda hoping my boy draws region E deer. It would be
great to go out and scout Green mountain (24 elk) in Sepemeber
and have my boy bow huntung deer at the same time!!
We'll just have to see how the all draws work out...
Thanks again, Randy.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Do you guys think there will be any left over tags this year. I am thinking the state might slash tags because of the bad winter kill two years ago.

i disagree with packout. i hunted 125 last fall. i was very happy with the hunt . killed a nice deer there.

I am putting in for a limited quota whitail only tag in the bighorn basin. I hunted it last year and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of whitetail bucks and the relative easy access I found. I was archery hunting however and probably would not have been as welcome on the gun hunt.

jshoop---So show us a picture of that good buck you got in 125 and welcome to the site!!! If you don't know how, just email it to me and I'll post it for you.

I saw a couple of excellent muley bucks in 125. They were together in september in the bighorn river bottoms behaving much like the whitetails I was hunting in adjacent unit.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom