D7

C

cowboy57

Good mornin all,I was wondering if anybody out there has hunted the Humphrey Basin area,maybe in the last 5 to 7 years.Don't want your honey holes.Had a couple of buds that hunted it about 25 yrs. ago.looking to pack in on horses.Any help at all would be great.Thank you .cowboy57

COWBOY.......WHERE THE HECK YA BEEN ???? D7 IS NOT TOO FAR AWAY........I GOT YA A PISSCUTTER SPIKE TIED UP TO A TREE ABOVE COYOTE LAKE......OUTTA BE A LEGAL FORK BY THE OPENER. FEEDIN HIM APPLES & OATS......ITS GONNA BE ABOUT A 5 YARD SHOT....I THINK YOUR UP TO IT.....GET IN SHAPE..................YD. (NEVER BEEN INTO HUMPHREYS BASIN).

I have never been in there.. Long pack from the west side, you going in from Bishop?

I have looked several times at Piute Canyon and French Canyon aerial photo's... Looks like great spot and stalk country ..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

BS Haven't made that choice yet,but the east side looks like the short way in,maybe 6 to 7 hour ride.just trying togather in foe right now.

YD thank for the help,that sounds like a long shot to me,,,,,,,,guess i will start looking for a 300 or 338 for that long shot.do think i found a area in D7 that nobody goes? Just can't believe that there is no one one this site that can tell something about this area.If i wanted talk about the gay Giants i would got 30 messages by know.LMAO .doin good now,started go back to the gym,just glad i bet the fall and the cancer.STILL A DODGER BLEEDING FAN.tony

Cowboy, That would be the "First Place World Champion Giants!"

Sorry i can't be of help to you about your D-7 hunt but i've always been able to draw a better tag than that.

But seeing how you are a Dodger Fan, i can understand how it is that you might settle for something that's right at the bottom of the barrel. :)

Seriously, good luck on your hunt!

Joey

Sage it just seems like great remote area and i think a lot of hunters don't go in there.These deer migrate from Kings Canyon National Park to the Eastern side of the Sierras.The way i look at it if man can put his self in poistion before they go through Piute Pass,maybe and just maybe a 28 to 30 inch Kali buck.I know there still around up there just need some luck and weather.Missed last yrs.hunting up here and my out of sate trip so am chumppin at the bit these yr. Still doing some infoe checking,Might just have to take sometime and go in and spend a couple of days with the spoppting scope.Enjoy your ride while you can SIR!!!!cowboy57

Cowboy, Sounds like a good plan! I hope that you do well!

Not exactly sure where D-7 is but i have a bud that pulled in some monster bucks outa that upper maraposa country back in the 80's There's still a few that will turn anybodys head roaming them Mountains!

As long as you got a tag and are out after em, you're in the game.

Joey

Cowboy, I don't know where you live or how much hassle it would be for you, but if you were to plan a scout trip out of Bishop, off the end of Hwy 168, you could fish your entire ass off in there and still have time for some serious scouting.

It would be a great scout/fish trip!

As far as the actual hunt goes,,,,,pray for some snow!

Check your maps and concentrate on the canyons and small passes that lead onto the winter range, just south of Mt. Tom......those are the deer that end up in Round Valley, for the late season hunts.

Good luck and have fun!

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

Nickman,you bet i'll have a pole,never leave home without it or Mr. Kimber.One of the my buddies that am thinkin of going with is,someone you helped on the Goodell hunt in 2008.Mt. Tom is alittle to the northeast of where i want togo.I want to be on the west slope of the Sierra's,just north of the park.Talk to a couple of outfitters(LOL..never thought i would say that in D7)but they want us out of there by the 2nd weekend in Oct.cowboy57

Sage that is one zone to the north of us.am saving those pts. right to come up there in your neck of woods to do some hunting in the next couple of years .good luck to you on your hunt this year.Go dodgers,I bleed deep with them,Its a dam shame win you have to sit and watch team go through this kind of crap for a season.Cowboy57

YD. i think i forgot to give you congrates on your Bookcliff draw,might want tag along and see what he big fuss is all about if am in good enough shape.Good Luck on your hunt!!cowboy

>Nickman,you bet i'll have a pole,never
>leave home without it
>or Mr. Kimber.One of the
>my buddies that am thinkin
>of going with is,someone you
>helped on the Goodell hunt
>in 2008.Mt. Tom is alittle
>to the northeast of where
>i want togo.I want to
>be on the west slope
>of the Sierra's,just north of
>the park.Talk to a couple
>of outfitters(LOL..never thought i would
>say that in D7)but they
>want us out of there
>by the 2nd weekend in
>Oct.cowboy57
They want you out for good reason,any later and you might not get out! Maybe for an early hunt,but I would chose a place out of Edison that you can get out from.Wait for the first storm and get them moving down to the staging areas.Spent many years in D7,pm me.Hank

HEY COWBOY......JUST GOT IN FROM TAHOE.....THIS TIME I WON BIG, USUALLY PAY MY DUES......HAD A BALL. THAT PACK TRIP SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER/GOOD LUCK !!! NOT REALLY ANY FUSS ABOUT THE BOOKS HUNT.....JUST GONNA STAY CLOSE TO 12-13 DAYS IN ALL & PUT IN SOME SERIOUS TIME......I GOTTA GET SOME SLEEP..........YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom