D5 Hunting Talk

HyEbrid

Despite this being the second time I have had D3-5 tags, this will be the first year I intend on hunting and my first time going with my sister. I did a drive-through last week on my way back from Carson City (to Los Angeles) to inspect the burn area and terrain. From what I already know, deer here don't really migrate much. I am primarily going for mule deer, but I wouldn't pass up a Columbian blacktail if that's what is presented. I am planning for when it starts to get cooler out, mid- to late-season, to maybe catch some snow at elevation.

I was wondering if any experienced D5 hunters have stories to share, advice to give, or pictures to brag of the area?

Picture for post attention:
My 2nd hawk I ever had as a licensed falconer....I guess you can call it hawk 2...uh.........................yeah.

Waynita.png

Always wanted to get into falconry.

Generally speaking Blacktails are considered west of I5 or west of the costal mountain crest to be sure.

Grew up in the area and usually shot the first legal deer we saw. Lots of forest roads to check out, fairly pressured area.

A story- we used to take the camera out after season during the rut and get pictures of big bucks and post them at the gas station for fun. Wish I had some of those pictures.

Careful driving into area with snow in the forecast as it can dump some feet if the storm line up with the mokolumne/ stanislaus drainages.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom