Colorado landowner tags for sale.

huntinfool.com

currently they have a 61 4th season cow. still very early in the summer though, should be lots of tags popping up in the coming weeks.

Also huntersdomain.com

Last edited:
Wow 😮
IMG_2399.png

Hello seeing if anyone has any information one who sells landowner tags.. looking for a unit 61 muzzy cow tag. Thankyou:)
I’ve looked for this exact tag in the past, and they’ve been impossible for me to find. I think there’s only 1 or 2 unit wide tags issued. Hope you find one!

I’ve looked for this exact tag in the past, and they’ve been impossible for me to find. I think there’s only 1 or 2 unit wide tags issued. Hope you find one!

Youre close! Didnt dawn on me to consult the chart. There were 4 unrestricted landowner tags drawn this year for E-F-061-O1-M. Good luck!

As long as im looking up landowner tags...

There were 3 unrestricted unit 61 early rifle tags drawn in the LPP column. Took ya a grand total of......THREE POINTS to draw. So every 4 years the state gives you a 25k check. DAMN

I suspect they raise the price each year to see how far people are willing to go. Gonna check back from time to time and see if he lowers the price or if it sells soon.

Also just noticed that it’s PLO

Last edited:
I suspect they raise the price each year to see how far people are willing to go. Gonna check back from time to time and see if he lowers the price or if it sells soon.

Also just noticed that it’s PLO

No its a unit wide, blue is unit wide red is PLO. I believe the tag listed above it, whatever that is, in your screen shot is the PLO

The state gives them a tag. Some clown who wants to spend $25k to shoot a 310 bull gives them the check.

True! Regardless, I consider the LPP program to be welfare for the rich in many cases. The tag doesnt have to be transferable, like every other tag us commoners draw. If the land owner doesnt hunt then dont apply for the tag? Just like the rest of us... oh wait.. nevermind..

Heck, id even go as so far to say the PREMIUM early rifle tags, or any other tag that takes I dunno, 10 or 15 points, shouldnt even be in the LPP program. Take those tags out of the LPP and give them to the public who will USE THEM. That would help point creep., and were not talking about depredation type landowner tags, they can have their winter slaughter as well.

At the very least, there should not be unrestricted tags in the LPP they should all be PLO.

Last edited:
There are a lot of big bulls killed in that unit that don't get posted on monster muleys or the internet in general. Curious have you even been in the unit or just going off internet chatter?

The thing about money is...it has different value to different people. You may think a tag isn't worth $25k or $7k, but to somebody who has 10s or 100s of millions, that's pocket change. Is a quality hunt worth pocket change to you (whatever that may be for you)? Of course it is.

Oh I know. My brother teaches at Palisade High School the pics of the bulls some of those local kids and their families shoot in 61 are unbelievable. If everyone saw them it would compete with the northwest corner for points required to draw
Palisade is the garden spot of the west slope!

I have hunted and helped in 61 more years than not. My uncle and cousins own a guide service in there and I have multiple friends and/or family hunt it every year.

Are there a few big bulls killed there every year? Sure, but the same can be said of every OTC unit I have ever hunted.

Most herd bulls in there these days are 280-310.

If you don't believe me, check out Weimer's and Garvey's websites.

There's some truly big bulls in 61, but good luck killing one. They are few and far between. I've been involved in many hunts in the unit, and last year was the first time that I spent scouting and hunting without seeing a big bull. What I consider big is 350-400. The hard truth is 61 isn't what it used to be. That being said, I would hunt it again in a heartbeat. The big unc is one of my favorite places to chase elk. In 5-10 years I wouldn't be surprised to see 61 vouchers going for 50 grand. It's just the way hunting in general seems to be going.

Glad to hear all your feed back. Pretty excited with this tag. ( 61 archery tag)..Hearing the possitive input is very thankful. Yes it will be a once in a life time tag for me.. Looking to the experience. And i will show/tell the pro/ cons of my experience;)))

Glad to hear all your feed back. Pretty excited with this tag. ( 61 archery tag)..Hearing the possitive input is very thankful. Yes it will be a once in a life time tag for me.. Looking to the experience. And i will show/tell the pro/ cons of my experience;)))
100% ;)

You should be excited!
Have a great hunt and kick ass!!!

I think the great thing about 61 is you will see lots of elk, probably every day if you go down off the edge. Like San Juan said most of the herd bulls will be below 310 but there are a few great ones.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom