• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Not yet but I plan to

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, and don’t plan to

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

newguy

Just curious, I would say a good chunk of the people on this site hunt deer in Colorado and I think if this ban passes it will have a significant effect on the deer hunting. So it will be interesting to hear how many folks are donating to the cause. I donated to Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management after doing a little research including on this site they seemed to be working hard to fight this. It would be good to hear what other organizations people are giving money to, as well. I don’t think the amount donated is necessary but if you want to share then by all means.

Thanks,

Mark

18 year Colorado resident here… why would non-residents help us out when every first chance we get, we screw over the non-residents?

I’ve donated a quite a bit but it’s hard to ask for help and then tell those same people we don’t want to allocate as many tags for them all in the same conversation…

Todd
Nonresidents already treat Colorado like it is a limited resource, for many residents it is taken for granted because of how much easier, affordable, and practical it is to hunt every year. Not to mention if you care about going through all of the work and logistics of planning an out of state hunt, odds are you care more about going hunting. Residents are often the laziest hunters I encounter. Therein lies the problem.

Nonresidents already treat Colorado like it is a limited resource, for many residents it is taken for granted because of how much easier, affordable, and practical it is to hunt every year. Not to mention if you care about going through all of the work and logistics of planning an out of state hunt, odds are you care more about going hunting. Residents are often the laziest hunters I encounter. Therein lies the problem.
I think you are confusing Colorado with Utah.

I love lazy hunting :)

Now I don’t watch much tv anymore, but I haven’t seen a single ad for or against. In the days of targeted ads, I’m a little surprised. Everyone else seems to find me.

I have seen some decent internet ads making the case against. The only “for” ads I’ve seen were what you would expect - humanizing the fuzzy kitties and criticizing the commercial hunting industry. But it appears that part of the strategy is to keep it low key.

If I were forced to bet my life on it, I would say the ban passes. The non-hunters just don’t seem to care. The hunting vibe doesn’t flow through this place like it used to.

I hope I’m wrong.

I lived in Colorado when the baiting for Bears ban passed , everyone laughed and said it would never happen, I believe it was an East Coast group that got it on the ballot
IMG_0903.jpeg

I have donated and think every sportsmen in CO needs to actively engage with there family members and neighbors to get the word out to defeat this ballot issue.

The consequences of this ballot will send a strong message to every pro and anti sportsman in the country depending on the outcome.

Open your eyes, we just had anti sportsmens put on the wildlife commission.

I have donated around $250 to CRWM. Past few years it’s been around 1K a year that I’ve spent on causes for other states. I am done donating to out of state causes when every year they are raising costs and limiting opportunity. Most states, residents, and game commissions have made it very clear they don’t need nonresidents. I’ll pay my tag fees and that’s it. No Donations to walk in hunting or anything else.
They can fight their own battles from here on out. I’ll burn my points, shoot whatever the hell I like, and then be on my way back out of state.

Last edited:
I have donated around $250 to CRWM. Past few years it’s been around 1K a year that I’ve spent on causes for other states. I am done donating to out of state causes when every year they are raising costs and limiting opportunity. Most states, residents, and game commissions have made it very clear they don’t need nonresidents. I’ll pay my tag fees and that’s it. No Donations to walk in hunting or anything else.
They can fight their own battles from here on out. I’ll burn my points, shoot whatever the hell I like, and then be on my way back out of state.
You are from Texas so we understand.

Maybe in your own mind. Resident's should have the best hunting opportunities....period. The last time I check there were no road blocks keeping you in Texas. Move to a western state, become a resident, and have all the hunting opportunities you need. Simple really.
Exactly my point. When they start pushing this crap in WY don’t ask for help from NR to fix your western state
Fight your own battles, without the NR money. Residents didn’t show up for the wolf vote and lost and won’t show up for this one either (and will lose) and will still find a way to blame it on NR’s. 🤣

Ryan, I must assume you don't have kids or anyone you know that might enjoy hunting or fishing in the future. Remember they are typically trying to remove hunting and fishing privilieges one or two species at a time - state by state. Every state that loses any of these battles fuels the loss to the next state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom