Colorado 2nd draw?

Yep look at last years stuff, youth draw out before anyone so not going to tell you what to do, but probably have a better shot at winning the lotto with the 8 bucks than drawing most tags

Yep the youth got lots of archery and muzzleloader tags. Anything that takes more than 1 resident point on that list goes to a youth

Those great tags won’t be making the list after this year if the changes go into place they are coming. Kids should take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts.

Those great tags won’t be making the list after this year if the changes go into place they are coming. Kids should take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts.
I can't find this info. Can you please post the link or paste the recommendations.
Thanks-

You'll have to watch the video.

They are still working on the memo summarizing the recommendations. Once it is finalized, it will be posted on both the Engage CPW and CPW Commission webpages. That should be around July 8th.

You can watch the meeting here:

Thought there was no such thing as great tags anymore in Colorado? Lots of buzz for a bunch of shot out units.
Yep Colorado sucks stop applying. They are great tags for youth. There are a couple on there that are still pumping out booners that aren't internet famous

I can't find this info. Can you please post the link or paste the recommendations.
Thanks-

half way down the page

half way down the page
I still don't see anywhere on this page that says changes are coming to the reissue list after this year.

But I did listen to the video that Mallard posted and it was 30ish minutes long. Good info, not sure what they want to do or if they know what direction they will move, but it sounds like the more common concept was not to return the license fees and figure out the best path to reissue it.

It opened my eyes on why some people return the tags, and would hate to have someone punished after years of applying for some tag and then only to have them not use it or be able to at least restore the preference points that they had to get the tag.

I never really thought about things like a broken leg or your wife or kid in a horrible accident, death of immediate family member, etc a few days prior to your hunt that would add salt on a wound if you couldn't turn the tag back in or couldn't get your points back.

I still don't see anywhere on this page that says changes are coming to the reissue list after this year.

But I did listen to the video that Mallard posted and it was 30ish minutes long. Good info, not sure what they want to do or if they know what direction they will move, but it sounds like the more common concept was not to return the license fees and figure out the best path to reissue it.

It opened my eyes on why some people return the tags, and would hate to have someone punished after years of applying for some tag and then only to have them not use it or be able to at least restore the preference points that they had to get the tag.

I never really thought about things like a broken leg or your wife or kid in a horrible accident, death of immediate family member, etc a few days prior to your hunt that would add salt on a wound if you couldn't turn the tag back in or couldn't get your points back.

Like I said: They are still working on the memo summarizing the recommendations. Once it is finalized, it will be posted on both the Engage CPW and CPW Commission webpages. That should be around July 8th.

I was under the impression
Thought there was no such thing as great tags anymore in Colorado? Lots of buzz for a bunch of shot out units.
Truth. I thought there weren't any tags worth even wasting a day on. "Wouldn't hunt there if someone gave me a tag".

Might be a dumb question, but if you draw a second choice tag in the primary draw can you still apply for the secondary draw for the same species and just return your second choice tag you draw in the secondary?

Just curious because there could be a scenario where you draw your second choice and your first choice has some tags available in the secondary draw.

Probably doesn’t matter since it sounds like the youth are going to get all of these tags anyways. Thanks!

Might be a dumb question, but if you draw a second choice tag in the primary draw can you still apply for the secondary draw for the same species and just return your second choice tag you draw in the secondary?

Just curious because there could be a scenario where you draw your second choice and your first choice has some tags available in the secondary draw.

Probably doesn’t matter since it sounds like the youth are going to get all of these tags anyways. Thanks!
If I understand you right, if you already have a tag with your name on it, it won’t even let you apply for another tag for the same species. If they’re both A tags.

You can apply for a tag in the secondary ONLY if you returned the tag you drew first. And since youth will get all the good tags, you would prob end up with no tag.

The one exception to this would be if you drew a B or C tag in the first draw .

totally agree, life changes in a instant

You can apply for a tag in the secondary ONLY if you returned the tag you drew first. And since youth will get all the good tags, you would prob end up with no tag.

The one exception to this would be if you drew a B or C tag in the first draw .
If I understand you right, if you already have a tag with your name on it, it won’t even let you apply for another tag for the same species. If they’re both A tags.
Thanks for the clarification! I thought that might be the case, but wanted to check first

It’s pretty awesome the youth get put first for a change. This is the only way they can compete with point holders…. Lots of envious adults hate it…

Todd
I don't think many people have a problem with the tags going to youth. The problem most people have is paying $8 to apply and there is no way you will ever get a tag, zero percent. Its misleading and theft by the DOW. Apply for something that does not exist.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom