Clothes in late August

nocwalker

For some damm dumb reason I’m second guessing myself on clothes to bring. It must be the really hot weather we’re having. I don’t want to bring too much clothes.
Can you guys give me a guess on temps in the Wasatch unit at about 8500’, last week of Aug and first week of Sept?

Washing and gathering clothes today.

Think my Sitka gear will cover it

It Won't hurt To Have Some Light Jackets Just In Case It Changes A Little!

Them Temps I Posted Are Approx Of What's Happening Right Now!

Hopefully It Cools Down Some By Late August!

Our Falls Keep Getting Warmer & Warmer It Seems!

Thanks Elk, what I washing up today should cover that. If 80,s might be a little warm

I’ve been snowed on over Labor Day in northern Utah at 9,000 feet. You should be prepared for everything.

It will likely be pretty temperate weather, but there is always a chance of extremes both ways. Don’t skimp on bringing clothing. Bring everything you could possibly need.

I don’t recall the unit you are hunting, and that could make a difference, but I’d rather have an entire bin of clothing I never open than need one more thing I didn’t bring.

September 8th 2020 8000 feet northern Utah archery elk hunt. We had to saw our way off the mountain, it was brutal. You never know so be prepared for the worst.

04A461D0-F613-4A00-946E-9EF5124AA15C.png

449DAC3F-66B5-46B3-898C-03EE1CEB78BF.png

31C43415-1861-46F6-9C99-B7DC4BBC3F1D.png

1F3F08B0-0F7E-4114-832B-D8998B4DE5C6.png

1CC9FEA3-69A3-4955-9184-608DD71D368C.png

Archery opener in 2009 at 9100’ I sat in a snow storm for the first 2 hours of light waiting for it to lift. Finally after being soaked and cold all morning I went back to camp. That afternoon it was sunny and 85. I wouldn’t rule out cold weather. Utah weather always has a way of making a fool out of yourself

I always have cold weather gear in my pack when archery elk hunting the Wasatch even if it's been 80+ for days on end. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Had a memory pop up on the face pages from 3 years ago of me hunting the last week of August with icicles hanging from my nose and snow on the mtns around strawberry.

Very much the exception not the rule, but it can and does happen every 5 or so years.

90% of the time I’m hunting with a long sleeve, quarter zip pullover and for cooler mornings or wet afternoons a medium outer shell my favorite is the kings lone peak or boulder. I use light weight uninsulated trail boots.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom