CA Draw

Check out the 23 elk stats happened in three different units. I’m going to guess it didn’t happen this year because the next tier of point holders will be more than the point tag quota
I didn’t look at sheep.
But it literally has to happen somtimes not saying it happens in the same unit every year but we would never get to that next level of point holders to become the new max if it didn’t happen
If that makes sense.(might not be every year)
I agree but the issue with not all tags dropping to the next point level, is that anyone with max points can see the zone "x" for say has less applicants than the 90% tags so they will just jump to that hunt to get the tag. Therefor about 98% of max point holders will have to use their points before you truly see the next point holders become the "Max" point pool. There were 377 with max for just preference point only "elk" which is not including everyone that actually applied for a hunt. So with 362 total tags including junior that's going to take a bit for every zone to drop down to the next category. That is if all the max point applicants decide to just burn points on an "elk" tag not bull specific.

I agree but the issue with not all tags dropping to the next point level, is that anyone with max points can see the zone "x" for say has less applicants than the 90% tags so they will just jump to that hunt to get the tag. Therefor about 98% of max point holders will have to use their points before you truly see the next point holders become the "Max" point pool. There were 377 with max for just preference point only "elk" which is not including everyone that actually applied for a hunt. So with 362 total tags including junior that's going to take a bit for every zone to drop down to the next category. That is if all the max point applicants decide to just burn points on an "elk" tag not bull specific.
I guess…. That’s why I said if everything stayed static like everyone in CA draw just hit repeat in their application.
I’m not smart enough to figure it out if the 377 point only guys put in for this or that(also if you have MAX points and your putting in for just another point I don’t wanna hear any complaining😂)
To be honest idk if some people look at the draw stats…..
not trying to be argumentative I see what your saying just think people with say 1 under max sometimes have a chance at getting a tag with points vs the random

Both my children are way too old now, but I thought they raised the age limit for the junior hunts. Is it still higher now? And if so what’s the age limit?

you can apply at 16
Both my children are way too old now, but I thought they raised the age limit for the junior hunts. Is it still higher now? And if so what’s the age limit?
Correct anyone over 16 years of age is no longer considered a junior by CDFW definition.

Anyone 16 years or older must get a full price adult hunting license, upland game bird stamp, CA duck stamp, etc. and are thus then eligible to apply for a sheep tag...

Horniac

To the successful hunters who drew sheep tags (6) for the Newberry, Rodman & Ord unit. I hope at least four of you guys or gals break a leg or something two weeks before the hunt opener.
Yesterday, I received a letter from the California Fish & Game that I have been selected as the 4th alternate. :cool:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom