Buzz’ Montana Bighorn

Yeah, been out a few times looking, once scouting for a week found some rams.

Have been in contact with the local bio since August, the sheep are having issues. So far 6 dead sheep, one ewe and 5 rams have been found, good news is the one found dead in July was not positive for movi. Still all had pneumonia like symptoms, so likely another bacteria. Test results on the rams will likely not be back until after the season.

Other good news is that since August, no more dead sheep have been found.

Was out day before yesterday and the 8,000 acre fire burning in the unit is not helping glassing. Visibility was maybe 1/2 mile in the best area for rams.

70083.jpg

There is some good news, helped my Dad with his moose near Wisdom and that worked out well.

IMG_20241003_115754.jpg

With that good news, another challenge for sheep. While I was lifting a hind off that moose yesterday off a hook in the garage, I either tore my bicep in half, or tore the tendon off the bone at my elbow. I'm thinking tendon, heard and felt a nice snap. Going in tomorrow to orthopedic surgeon to see WTF.

But, it's not going to slow me down either way, but is a pain in the ass, or arm as it were.

I'm hunting, end of story. Just makes things more interesting and more of a story.

Good luck with the hunt. That sucks about the injury. I did the same thing last year, 80% tear at the elbow. No surgery, but took almost a full year to recover. re-injured halfway thru the recovery by being pig headed and over doing something.

Well at least you got to spend time with your Dad and thats most important matter. Good luck on the healing

Take your vitamins and eat your broccoli. Couple of ibuprofen in the morning and off you go. No whining. Take your medicine and hunt that ram. Harvest or not, let us how things progress.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom