Budget Scope

legacy

Very Active Member
I'm looking to purchase a "budget" scope for my .22-250. I've been looking at the Vortex Crossfire and Diamondback and Bushnell Legend. I'm looking to spend right around $200, and want no smaller than a 4-12 in a 40mm. Any suggestions?

I'd go with the Vortex, its pretty dang clear and the warranty is awesome.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-09 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]I put a Pentax Gameseeker 4-12x40 on my 22-250 and liked the optics a lot. What I didn't like was the Precision Plex reticle which allowed for drop compensation etc. I know that they make this scope with a standard plex reticle now and Doug at Cameraland can hook you up for a lot less than $200 for a really clear and good scope for a light recoiling rifle. Check it out.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/pentax.pl?page=gameseeker12x40

Again, I sold mine two years ago, because I didn't like the PP reticle, but I loved the optics. Now they offer the scope for less money and with a standard reticle. Check it out.

I haven't looked through a Vortex riflescope before. That said, if they are anything like their binos or spotters, they would represent a great value. Typically performing with optics that cost much more. And, like others have said, Vortex's warranty is amazing and real.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom