Book Cliffs Utah Deer Muzzy 2024

freedomrocks

Well i am the one non res who drew the one random tag ( unless i read the stats wrong) but anyway i got a tag. Super lucky, Never been on the unit, Never thought i would draw, I plan on driving in from the north ( seep road ) and getting on top . Myself and a fellow old timer will in a UTV covering ground and glassing for a week looking for a good one. If there is anyone out there willing to share a little insight that would be awesome, if not thats ok . at 70 years old i am just glad i have a tag in the pocket,,, and the ability to still hunt. Thanks all Freedomrocks

Getting there Early Will Be An Advantage For You!

Depending On Weather Will Determine rather They've Started Migrating Or Not?

When They Start Moving They Move Quick Off In To The Thick PJ's!

Always A Chance To Find A Buck High Even If They've Started Moving But Most Move In To The Thick Stuff When It Happens!

First Thing I'd Do When you Get There Is Glass The Higher Country & See If They're Still High Or Not!

When They Get Mid-Transition It's Tougher Hunting!

Best Of Luck!

Thank you elkassassin sounds like great advice, i live 1K from the unit or i would scout it, hoping to get there 3 days before season. Hoping for a shot at a 170 buck gunna giver heck

You Should Be Able to locate A Few Of Them!

Again,Depending On Weather Rather They'll Me Migrating Or Not!

I've Seen Alot Of People Spend Alot Of Time Prior To Their Hunt Thinking They've got It Mastered Not Knowing This Deer Herd Moves Quick When They Move!

Then They Waste A few Days/First Part Of Their Hunt Wondering What Happened To All The Deer!

It Can Be tough & It Can Be easy Sometimes!

HUNT HARD & NEVER GIVE UP!

There's Cell Service But It's Spotty & It's Different With Different Carriers!

There's A Cell Tower Near The Divide & East Of Where The Main Seep Ridge Road Hits The Divide/Top!

There's Also A Tower Down In The Lower Country!

Last edited:
I have AT&T and get in and out service over most of the unit on the north end out to the divide, if you are on top of the ridges you can usually get service.

I sent you a PM as well.

As far as cell service, all carriers are spotty out there. As was said above, during your first couple days, pay attention to where you do pick up service, remember it or mark on an app so you can find it easily if you absolutely need to.

I have AT&T and get in and out service over most of the unit on the north end out to the divide, if you are on top of the ridges you can usually get service.
Last time I was there, 5 years ago, AT&T was spotty but way better than Verizon was. Could have changed since then.

I used to have a truck mounted 5 watt motorola that would get service anywhere in the Book Cliffs. Progress is not always progress.
When we had a hunt out there a couple years ago, when cameras were still legal, I switched to AT&T just to get service for my cell cams. Funny, back then, in the Utah Hunt Planner, the recommendation by the biologist was to run cameras to pattern the bison.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom