Biggest OTC Bull You Have Seen or Harvested?

SDBugler

Very Active Member
Now that archery and muzzy seasons are over and with all the bashing happening on the other OTC thread, I thought I would start a new positive thread. Post up a pick of the biggest bull you have either harvested or seen on an OTC elk unit?

I was hunting early deer and bear this year in a unit that my dad and I have previously hunted several times in the past for elk whenever we didn't draw any other elk tags. It is an OTC archery elk unit. This year on the second day, I found this bull with 55 cows. I texted by brother-in-law who is a resident. I knew he had an OTC elk tag. I asked him if he would like to try harvesting this bull. Of course he said yes but couldn't get there for another 5 days. I ended up watching this bull and his herd for 5 days until my BIL was able to join me.
What does everyone think he would score? I'm thinking 370-380.

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

Did you BIL get him?
No. My BIL harvested one of the satellite bulls - a 5x5. It was his first elk so was still very happy for him. The herd was in a nasty hell hole though and about 7-8 miles and two mountain passes from the trailhead. The day after he harvested, we spent 18 hours packing his bull out, getting back to the truck at 11:30 pm. We had the first load stashed at the end of the trail in the first draw and had planned to go back up in the dark and retrieve it before he had to go back home to work. We didn't have enough time to do that and still get him back home in time for work, so I sent my BIL home at midnight and then I spent another 12 hours the next day packing the rest out.

After two long days of packing I was starting to get crap in my lungs and decided not to go back up for my deer & bear hunt and went home early. It was a good call, as I have been sick now for 3 weeks after getting home. (of course I helped my son get his bull and pack it out a week later here in our home state of SD so that didn't help either)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Back
Top Bottom