Beaver Unit Rifle Hunt

LVTHNT

Two of us made the trip from Arizona to Utah to see how the new units would affect the hunting pressure and to see how the deer herd was doing. It had been 20 years since hunting in Utah for the general rifle deer hunt. There was so much orange last time I was there I moved on and have not been back. We hunted the first two days of the hunt in the Beaver unit. We saw 20 bucks, and nothing over 140? small four point bucks. Is this typical? I was surprised that we didn't see better bucks. It was warm and with a storm rolling in we thought it would be better to head home and maybe go back for the last few days of the hunt, hoping that maybe the hunt would get better.

My question to all of you guys that hunt Utah and this area, is the lack of quality bucks typical?

Will the coming storm make any difference in the unit for the last few days of the hunt?

Maybe it will take another 3-5 years for the new unit system to help out the quality?

Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

If you saw 20 bucks the first two days i think you did good, as for quality in Utah there is no quality. I think the new units are going to still suck because yes they divided the units up into 30 units but they are still giving way to many tags for most of them 30 units. That is just my two cents.

Pauns ? You may be right. Utah has such awesome deer country, just can't believe the lack of quality bucks. I did see a 370+ bull that was a killer bull during the hunt. I am just looking for another state that you can have some fun hunts with family and friends every year or every other year and have a chance at killing a 170+ buck. I guess I will stick with Colorado. Tags are too tough to get in Arizona.

I think you have the right idea with putting in for colorado, until utah figures out how to manage the herds at least. They need to follow colorado because from what i hear they manage the deer herds better than most states

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom