beaver archery elk

Robiland

Very Active Member
Hey I am looking for some info as my Brother has enough (minus point creep) points to draw beaver archery elk. I know its a great unit from what I hear. It seems from all I have heard is that most people if not all, hunt the east side of I-15. But what about the west side? Between I-15 the the west dessert unit? That seems like if 2 bordering units should hold some good elk. Any info would good. Water, quality, numbers, or should we (if he draws) just focus on the east side?

Thanks guys!

Robi,
The West side of I-15 Beaver unit, was just changed to
a general season unit this year, 2013.

Along with Fillmore, Oak creek.
Was finalized at the last Board meeting...
See the 2013 application guide book for details.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The West side of I 15 has been separated from from the Beaver LE Elk hunt. It has been combined with the Oak Creek South unit and made an any bull unit.

Guess I dont need to worry about scouting over there. Thanks guys. I just looked at the proc, Why did they do that? Lack of elk or what? Any ideas? Is there even elk over there? Now I am glad not to waist any time there scouting. I was just going off past info with out serious looking at details since they dont change all that often.

DWR statement for rationale making this a general any bull unit was because of low elk density and private property issues (a lot of private in the area).

Some of the biggest bulls over the last 5 or 6 years have been killed on the West side. DWR claimed depredation of farm ground. They also started a study too make that area a LE Deer unit. Kind of a start in that direction to get rid of the elk.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 11:36PM (MST)[p]The Elk herd west of I-15 {in the Beaver Unit} has grown and spred south past hwy 21 into the Bald Ridges and Greenville Bench over the last few years.

A lot of people don't want to see them take hold in those areas for various reasons.

Took this photo a couple of years ago on the south end of the Mineral Mountains.

Mattsthumbdrive109.jpg

Mattsthumbdrive108.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom