barbary pics

muley_crazy85

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-13 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]here are a few pics i have taken on my sheep hunt.

8612sheep.jpg

4994sheep2.jpg

180sheep4.jpg

9726sheep3.jpg

i have a tag but the country i am hunting is realy rough i would have never been able to recover that sheep. i spent all day trying to find a way down to him. then today i jumped 5 rams one that was 30 inches but same thing they were in these ledges on some cliffs, maybe tomorrow they will be in a better location.

Well it sounds like your doing pretty well. I am hoping to just see one, even if I do not get a shot. I am glad to see hunters making ethical decisions prior to pulling the trigger, recovery can be a pain in the butt. Good luck man.

...think I would have shot that ol boy in that last pic, and then worried about how to get to him... ;-)

Trust me mozey it crossed my mind a time or two but it would have taken some mountain climbing gear to get down to him. It wasn't just because it was a tough hike out of there.

So, critical hunting gear for the Floridas includes a harness, 8.5mm rope, a few 'biners and stoppers, an eight, and a pair of jumars. That's several more pounds of gear in the pack, but nothing like what we hauled halfway up El Cap a few years ago.

If you'se guys get caught in such a situation send me a note - it sounds like fun.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom