B Zone Archery Success!

Hntndux

I went up with my boys for the B zone archery opener and having a full day if rain and temps in the low 60s sure didn't make it feel like archery season. My youngest has never killed anything with his bow so he was up first. We spotted a nice buck first thing in the morning and ranged him at 70yds. He took the shot and was wide to the left. He followed the buck and was able to take a 60yd shot...again to the left. Early afternoon we spotted a buck at 60yds and my oldest made a great shot and only a 100yd tracking job.
As we were heading back to camp we spotted 4 bucks. My boys got out and I heard my oldest say 35yds. My son drew back and let an arrow fly. He shook his head in disgust, wide to the left again! I said ok, you're sights must be off because I know how you shoot. We went back to camp and at 30yds he was a foot low and over a foot to the left! He adjusted his sight and now he was dialed. Within 20 minutes of camp we spotted 2 bucks and my oldest said 65 on the bigger one. He was uphill looking straight at us and my son drew back and center punched the buck. The buck lunged forward, ran downhill and died within 30yds of us. The three of us out in the woods was great, but watching them get it done with archery made it that much better. We did learn a lesson, always check your sights when you first get to camp!

Matt buck.jpeg

Scott buck.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom