AZ Strip Shed Hunt

Years ago my buddy and I went down for a few days. We hiked a LOT of miles and found nothing. Then while riding a road on the ATV I spotted one about 100 yards off the road and it was a heavy one, pretty nice. That was the only one we found.

I’ve been down there numerous times trying to find some of those big bucks sheds w/o much luck. There’s a lot of country and I think the guys that guide and watch them through out the year probably have better luck. I did pick up a monster 2 point last year and I’ve found a few others over the years but nothing like what I’ve hoped to find.

Honestly the deer density on the strip is so low, you really have to have some legacy knowledge or go with someone who has some recent intel to expect to do any good. I "helped" my brother on the archery hunt this year and it is such a grind up there just to find a deer, let alone trying to walk on where a mature buck dropped his antlers. Much of the area where they would shed is sage brush flats and junipers with not alot of contour, so most sheds have to be stepped on or seen from flying(Ryan Hatch's old specialty) and cannot be glassed up. I hiked a bunch and did not find a shed during this year's hunt, or the previous three hunts that I've hunted or helped with up there haha. I did however glass up this ~185" deadhead from 850 yards that I was quite proud of:) But hey, you could always get lucky and find a little honey hole. You can't win if you don't play.
image_50370305.JPG
image_50735873.JPG

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom