Are the bucks back to the high country?

One Less Than Taken Last year!
Yep……… hoping for a better harvest this year BC.

It ain’t all fifty, that’s for certain, personally I’ll take what I can get and keep hoping they keeping adding to the effort, maybe before I die they have it down to 45 reasons. LOL

Wish they would just get on with it and close 20% and get to work on 6 different units every five years. THEY know THEY are going TO DO IT ……….. eventually. Somebody tougher and wiser than THEY are will force them to, one way or the other, someday. Why they refuse to take responsibility, on their own, is beyond any rational I can think of. It isn’t about the money, it’s pride, a god complex and a lack of ambition, in my opinion. But……… I’m always wrong so ya best not worry about what I think, my good friend.

Last edited:
I'll Post it Again Lumpy!

You've Forgot More About Deer Management Than People Like Niller Will Ever Know!

I Know It'll PISS Alot Of People Off But I Don't F'N Care!

Yep……… hoping for a better harvest this year BC.

It ain’t all fifty, that’s for certain, personally I’ll take what I can get and keep hoping they keeping adding to the effort, maybe before I die they have it down to 45 reasons. LOL

Wish they would just get on with it and close 20% and get to work on 6 different units every five years. THEY know THEY are going TO DO IT ……….. eventually. Somebody tougher and wiser than THEY are will force them to, one way or the other, someday. Why they refuse to take responsibility, on their own, is beyond any rational I can think of. It isn’t about the money, it’s pride, a god complex and a lack of ambition, in my opinion. But……… I’m always wrong so ya best not worry about what I think, my good friend.

You've Forgot More About Deer Management Than People Like Niller Will Ever Know!

What has that got to do with whether or not the bucks are back into the High country?
Looks like You senile old farts got off track!
You know I’m just razzing ya!

I don’t know as much as I wish I did. It’s never been my job to know BC but it has been my passion. I have spent half a life time observing and studying what the really knowledgeable people know about them. The problem, from very early on in my search for knowledge, is that no knows enough. Those are not my words, but the words from wild life biological scientists, I spoken to, from our best wildlife universities in the west.

As I’ve said many times in the past. The East and Midwest nearly lost all their whitetail deer, many decades ago, but they had the humility and the wisdom to create and generously fund research departments with in the life science departments at highly regarded universities and through those efforts not only saved the whitetail but brought them back to a robust, thriving, and healthy surplus, creating once again, a huge surplus population.

That’s all I’ve ever wanted the western States to do. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess we’re just not in a deep enough hole yet to see the light.

It's Kinda Like Government!

They Think We Can Spend Our Way Out Of Debt!

I'll SPLAIN The Same Thing In The Hunting World So People Like Niller Can Understand It!

They Think The Can Shoot/Kill Our Way Back To A Healthy Deer Herd!

I don’t know as much as I wish I did. It’s never been my job to know BC but it has been my passion. I have spent half a life time observing and studying what the really knowledgeable people know about them. The problem, from very early on in my search for knowledge, is that no knows enough. Those are not my words, but the words from wild life biological scientists, I spoken to, from our best wildlife universities in the west.

As I’ve said many times in the past. The East and Midwest nearly lost all their whitetail deer, many decades ago, but they had the humility and the wisdom to create and generously fund research departments with in the life science departments at highly regarded universities and through those efforts not only saved the whitetail but brought them back to a robust, thriving, and healthy surplus, creating once again, a huge surplus population.

That’s all I’ve ever wanted the western States to do. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess we’re just not in a deep enough hole yet to see the light.

It's Kinda Like Government!

They Think We Can Spend Our Way Out Of Debt!

I'll SPLAIN The Same Thing In The Hunting World So People Like Niller Can Understand It!

They Think The Can Shoot/Kill Our Way Back To A Healthy Deer Herd!
I’m not sure what people think anymore. I really have no idea.

Last edited:
What has that got to do with whether or not the bucks are back into the High country?
Looks like You senile old farts got off track!
You know I’m just razzing ya!
Well……… you’re right…… that’s patently the truth. When it’s true, there’s no need to apologize.

I promise you they aren’t in the 5’ of snow still in some of the north basins where I was looking today!
Yep...there's still quite a bit snow up in the higher basins here in the north eastern part of the state... But it's definitely a good feed year in the high country..so far..but with all this heat it might not last long

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom