Anyone ever hunt with western outdoor adventures?

I have a hunt booked with this outfit on private land next month and would like to hear from those who have hunted with them in the past please, good/bad or other wise. Feel free to pm me if you’d rather not post publicly.
Thanks in advance

What did they tell you prior to booking? Surely they gave you some harvest stats and references.

What did they tell you prior to booking? Surely they gave you some harvest stats and references.
All the normal things an outfitter tells you, high success rate , don’t get me wrong I’m not bashing or being negative towards them just asking for others thought s who have used them in the past

Checked out the website, looks like your run of the mill Meeker private land only run as many guys as we can, shoot as many animals as we can kinda outfit. That type of hunt is pretty ubiquitous around that area. Let us know how it goes! Looks like they kill a lot of elk and deer. I wonder if your guide will let you decide which 4x5 to shoot or tell you which one to shoot?:rolleyes:

Well I guess all I can do is hope for the best and make the best of what I am dealt ! After all it’s only 1600 miles each way and a week of vacation time ! Get to see some new country I’ve never been to, I never expected a 200” monster anyway just a good representation of that’s area’s mule deer,

Buddy hunted with them two years ago. He saw a bunch of deer and elk on a private ranch near Rifle. He passed a 165” deer and ended up shooting a smaller one on the last day. He liked his guide and had no complaints. Hotel and food in Rifle is on you! He is going again this year, second half of third season. Apparently he has elk hunters in first, then brings in deer hunters. Good luck and please report back!

Buddy hunted with them two years ago. He saw a bunch of deer and elk on a private ranch near Rifle. He passed a 165” deer and ended up shooting a smaller one on the last day. He liked his guide and had no complaints. Hotel and food in Rifle is on you! He is going again this year, second half of third season. Apparently he has elk hunters in first, then brings in deer hunters. Good luck and please report back!
Appreciate the positive response sir as there seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum, hopefully I’ll be hunting the same private land as your buddy , the property I’m hunting is also just SW of rifle 🤞

Appreciate the positive response sir as there seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum, hopefully I’ll be hunting the same private land as your buddy , the property I’m hunting is also just SW of rifle 🤞
I’d like to book with them but would like to hear how your hunts go first

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Back
Top Bottom