Any bugling??

Last year in unit 34 , they were fired up opening weekend of archery. Then was quiet for a couple weeks then got hot again end of September. I know the rut action can differ from year to year. Good luck to all the archery hunters, I’m jealous wish I was chasing bugles down there.

Ya I have been in unit 15 for three years straight for the first hunt for myself and for friends hunts and it seems like we never had an issue find bulls bugling early in the season. We have always had a blast in that unit, this year I’ll be on the other side of the state solo while my other buddies will be back in 15. I am hoping to hear my first bugle of the year this evening. Best of luck to all, be safe and have fun.

The daytime temp at 8,500' in 6A is calling for a 70 deg high and has been low 70's all week.

My brother has a tag this year there for first archery. We went in and hung a stand over a spring (and wallow) a couple of weeks ago.

I miss hunting 6A.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom