Antelope?

nocalhonker

I’m a NR building points in Wyoming and have a question not on which trophy zone. I’d like to hunt antelope on a more regular bases. Can you keep your points and get OTC or leftover tags and how does it work and which zones typically are available, not looking for trophies.Thanks and Happy hunting to all this season

You can apply and keep your preference points. Basically you put in your 1st choice for a hard to draw unit and then put in a 2nd choice unit which you may or may not draw. It used to be easy to do it that way so you could hunt each year. But if you look at this years drawing you can see that doesn't always work anymore since almost all units sell out now and most have more 1st choice applicants than tags.

oregnmuley gave you good advice, but realize there is a possibility of drawing in the random draw when you apply for a hard to draw hunt area.

When you apply your first choice should be the hunt area you are saving up your points for, then if you draw in the random draw consider yourself lucky.

ClearCreek

Clear Creek thanks I kind of figured that so I’d probably put in the hardest to draw trophy hunt and consider it Christmas if I draw. I have like 4 points on Antelope, Max on deer and one from Max on elk.

oregnmuley gave you good advice, but realize there is a possibility of drawing in the random draw when you apply for a hard to draw hunt area.

When you apply your first choice should be the hunt area you are saving up your points for, then if you draw in the random draw consider yourself lucky.

ClearCreek

ClearCreek, that is true you can draw in the random. With the luck I have I never really think about that since I am never that lucky:)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom