Antelope help

rpfishing

I was hoping to draw on the experience of you guys. Im an out of state hunter and have 8 preference points for antelope and was planning on putting in for 93. I hunted there 10 years ago and had a great hunt. I've waited this long so id like to hunt an area with a good potential for a nice buck. Any advice? Thank you!

I personally liked 67 myself. It was a few years ago for us but we took a 79 and an 80 inch buck between my brother and I from there. Lots of public land.

It looks like 8 points will get you a regular price permit for antelope easy in 93. I'd say stick with it & draw it & enjoy it. This is a good year from all reports due to moisture & not bad winter losses in most areas. Plus you already know something about areas you hunted the first time.
My only advice would be ,if possible , arrive early & recon/scout as much as possible based on what the Area Biologist & Game Warden can tell you about numbers & distribution 93. Also any spots that aren't hit hard opening few days. Find a very very big buck & drop him opening AM if possible before someone else does. Look for really long prongs first, hard to find, then lots of mass all the way up, length last.
Best of luck & good hunting !'??
Jerry Gold
Fort Collins, Colorado

Since good bucks can be taken in pretty much any area in Wyoming, I'd be likely to pick a different area than one I've hunted before. But that's only because I just like to see different scenery. It could also be used as an opportunity to learn an area that you may want to hunt deer or elk in the future.

That's only something you can decide. If you liked 93 before and want to hunt it again, then it's an easy decision. I just would not base my decision soley on trophy potential.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom