American Idol

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Seems like it's TV review time, off season blahs.

Darn if I missed a couple weeks so don't really know what's going on. The dudes are on now, seem pretty good. Can't wait until tomorrow when it's the gal's turn. I saw some of the try-outs and there were some STONE FOXY BABES that made it through. ooh-la-la!

Any other fans of this show? Who do you like, who you think is gonna win?

I HATE AMERCIAN IDOL!

Timberline
47bc7e734e04c60a.jpg

http://www.timberlineoutfittersnevada.com/

Yeah, i didn't like it either. Watched a couple shows while visiting with my mom, she loves it. Then Carrie Underwood came along...

From what i saw of the trials, there's a couple blonde country girls that would give Miss "Jesus Take The Wheel", a run for her money.

"DAVID ARCHELETA IS THE
>WINNER...HE IS THAT GOOD".......YD.

I don't know man. Completely fell in love with a Oregon Girl tonight, Kristy Cook. Built like a racehorse, loves to hunt, fish, trains in martial arts, and team ropes. Stone fox and she can sing like an angel. Says her lucky charm is God. I guess a guy can dream...

Actually all the girls just blew me away tonight. Fantastic talent comming from a varied group of lovely individuals scattered from all walks of life, throughout all over our country. These young people have taken this oppertunity by the horns. Through this show, they just might turn out to be the next millionare super star".

And, If they become that, if they win it all, it's not because of who they knew, what favors they did, how much money they had, or that they were in the right place at the right time. We, us, are going to pick the winner. They're going to win cause...yes, they really were that good!

I'm digging this show...can ya tell?

Kristy Cook is the hottest girl for sure, but she doesn't have the vocals to make it to the end. I think David Archuleta is in the top 2 boys for sure. He gets my vote. The only girl that has got consistant positive responses from the judges is Brooke White. She did awesome last night! I think Carly Smithson is also a contender for the girls.

legacy, I fear your correct about Kristy's vocals. She sings pretty darn good but heck, they all do. My hope is she hangs around to near the end so we at least have a chance to see the caliber of young lady that this country can put out.

Just think, one day, some lucky young buck is gonna be able to do DIY pack in trips for mulies and elk with Kristy, and she already loves it and has the skills, big time catch, that girl is.

Here we are down to the final 10. I'm still pulling for my girl Kristy, yes a tad surprised that she's still here but none the less, happy to see her nail " God Bless the USA" in tonights performance.

YD, you still high on that David Arculetta guy? David cook is making up ground if not passed him IMO.

Any other new Favorites?

If Archaletta can keep his tongue in his mouth, he could pull it off. He is by far not the most talented but the chicks dig him cuz he's "cute" and innocent. Cook should win because of the way he arranges his songs. Tonights was really good. Who would have thought to take a MJ song and make it a grunge/rock song. Pretty damn good. If he doesn't make it in singing he can definately produce that is for sure! My money is on Cook. Ramielle needs to go!! She sucks!!

Steve

I havent watched American Idol since it first came out but last night I was at home and I was bored so I watched it. Overall I was unimpressed then came the last guy that sang Billie Jean and that was bad ass!

I dont know what the previous episodes have shown but he seemed like the most talented last night.

DL

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

Arculetta was my front runner till last night. Cook's remake of Billie Jean was pure genious. It was taking a chance like that was either going to be huge or a flop and he hit that with style.

I think that he has probably got the most musical talent (not just vocals) out of all of the contestents. I think that Arculetta with give him a run for his money though, because all the young girls in the country love him.

Jeff

Thanks guys! all great imput, some of you obviously have a pretty good feeling for talent and attitude towards this show.

Someone is going home tonight. Darn it all anyway. I think they're all great! Shows what all i know about being a music critique. lol

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-08 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]Hey Bi-polar,

Thanks for stopping by to add to this thread in such a positive way.

You really may not be a first class piece of work. From all indications though, you seem to be just that. IMO, guys like you, pointing their finger and spouting their own purity, can't be trusted, and give "conservatives" like me a bad rap.

joey

Dude get over yourself and pull your panties out of you hoohaa!!! You got me pegged from a little one liner? It was just a joke but it has seemed to hit a little too close to home, eh? There is nothing gay about singing, unless you are Elton John, Freddy Merury etc. I've been a musician since I was 13 and certainly do not think that singing is gay. Step off and take a mydol "sage"!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Ok Bear, i'm cool. I have read some of your other posts though and from those and that bottom line included in your posts, we just don't view funny or a joke quite the same way. To each his own.

joey

I figured it would have been Ramielle. That chick bugs me. It better be her next week or something is fishy with it.

Steve

That's it! This show is fixed. You guy's already know who got voted off before it even takes place.lol Must be the time zone thing, eh?

I was surprised that Kiezy got shot down tonight, i too thought that Ramielle or maybe Cristy was down the road.

Steve, you seem to have a good insight, a great take on the talent of these contestents. Do you happen to work in the industry? If so, i gotta great country song i wrote that i wanna run by ya! lol

To me, trash points are always an extra, never a deduction.

Ah, Just kidding Steve. Some are gifted that way. Although i was blessed with many gifts, that one of music, was not of them.

joey

This show is only good for the first 2 or 3 shows..........I laugh my butt off when some of these people get on there and think they have talent....

Nickman, just about the time i start to think that you actually MIGHT be a decent guy, you come up and dump on my thread? This IS the biggest TALENT CONTEST in America, HELLO!

I'LL BET YOU BOYS 10-1 I KNOW WHO IS GOING OFF EVERY WEEK TILL THE CHAMP IS DECIDED, AND I WILL PREDICT IT SIX DAYS IN ADVANCE.............ANY TAKERS...BETS START AT $$ 100.oo BUCKS A WEEK..............YD.

^^ I just knew it was rigged. lol

YD, something smells here of a sucker bet dude.

Da, i'm not gonna fall for that one, you gotta make it 20-1 lolx2

Sage.........I didn't mean any disrespect....to me, the first few nights are extremely funny.

After that it is a talent war and I suspect that it isn't always fair.

Also, I am about half deaf and one of the things I cannot hear is music and singing, so I don't watch to see who has REAL talent.

YD- That might be a bet I'd be willing to make. The show is LIVE so no one knows the results before it actually happens. There's no way that you couldve piccked chickezie to be gone last night though. With Ramielle and Chriti Lee in there still. I'm hoping Ramielle is gone next. I really, really do!!

Steve

WIZARD....POST 16 WAS MADE AT 8;08 WEST COAST TIME, STEP UP TO THE PLATE & PLACE YOUR BET. WE CAN FIGURE OUT THE LOGISTICS OF THE $$$ TRANSACTION EASY ENUFF.......YD.

nickman, i guess i don't hear so good either sometimes.

Wizard, Thoughts and prayers are with you man!

Y. Dall, Got to be that they film the show a week in advance. If not, you gotta set on ya bud, one ballsie bet or your so full of hot air you could supply a filling station for balloons.

I saw someplace, vegas?, where a guy can bet big money on who is going to win. They had Cristy at 75-1 before last night and Archeletta at even money.

Ah but you guys really aren't giving YD enough credit here. I'm certainly sure he can predict each and every show before the results show. He seems to have a keen eye for talent and a good grasp on what the public wants. You don't have to be Randy, Paula, or Simon to be able to tell that. YD's got a way and those of you that are so sure he's full of hot air should take him up on it. He's hit the nail on the head here a couple of time already. My moneys on the dall man because he's the baddest dog in the pound!

IWABTIWTLAOVOTS.

Boskee, You got something there bud. I gotta hand it to the Dall man, he proved his wisdom so far. On the other hand, i can't help but look for marks on them cards. i can't figure if to jump on his bandwagon or out the ship all together. Either way, it's been a fun thread so far. Thanks!!

What's with those letters at the bottom of your post? secret code? It's all a conspiracy! Here, i got one fer ya,

SPEAKENGLISH, lol

YD- Do you base your selection on the performance the night before they get dicked off or can you tell me now whi is next to go? How good are you? You can pm me next Tuesday night after they perform and let me know who you think will go. At that time, we can make a little wager. $100 is a bit too pricy for me seeing that you might have an "in" somewhere, though I don't know how since it is live. I'm thinking maybe the MM DVD of the winners choice. What do you think?

Steve

Thanks,Sage, for the kind words. Got back from the vet an hour ago. The doc looked him over, took some blood and I'll know what the tests show tomorrow. He seems to be doing a bit better today. Still hasn't eaten much but is still here. Doc said nothing jumps out at him that would make him think he's ill. But thats why he took blood. I'll let you know.

WELL.....IF I TOLD YOU WHAT IS EXACTLY GOING ON IT WOULD TAKE ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT.....RIGHT. I WILL SAY MY EARNINGS ARE UP TO $1225 BUCKS...AND THOSE PEOPLE WONT BET ANYMORE. THE $$ WON IS GOOD FOR A COUPLE TAGS....THATS ABOUT IT. I LIVE IN KALI, AND HAVE A PHONE, AND KNOW VOTING "TRENDS" / "NUMBERS" ON A WEEKLY BASIS WITH FRIENDS INVOLVED. I HAVE NO CRYSTAL BALL, BUT HAVE NOT BEEN WRONG YET. NOW I TOO SAY THE COOK GUY IS A NEW PLAYER TO BE RECONED WITH....WE WILL SEE IN A FEW WEEKS TO COME.......YD.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-08 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p]I agree with you that Cook is a contender. I think, from what I've seen, that he is the most talented. America doesn't always see things the same way though. IMO..the next three out should be Ramielle, Criste Lee and then Brooke White. I really don't think the Archuletta kid is that good. He's in it because he's "cute" and young and that is what America wants to see. Look at Daughtry a couple of years ago. He was a top two guy, yet he was ousted in 4th place if I remember correctly. Tell me your thoughts on my next 3 out.

Steve

Not so fast there Wizard, i'm trying to get the crystal ball of the Dall man on contract. We are soon to be touring the country, taking this venue to the largest and biggest houses to be found anywhere.

All offers concerning the wisdom or picks of the Dall man, must go thru me.

Lol, ain't i a piece of work?

Ok folks, ask away for free all your questions of the "Crystal Ball Yukon Dall Man". All negotiations have failed and i refuse to return to the table. We came close to an apparent agreement for services after i accepted buying him a San Juan Elk tag and the 3 week Stone Sheep hunt for 2 but when he refuse to budge on his further demands of a Marco polo Ram hunt with full staff and cook, guides, and porters consisting of his friends from here in the states... Well, that was the deal breaker!lol

Sage why you offend me! LOL I have no idea what Dalls up to but if and when the time comes we'll see if my little code is even close to it! In any case you can't argue with his success so far and I suspect I'll miss it by a mile! He's been known to spin a yarn or two on here and sometimes he will amaze you with his knowledge and depth like quite a few on here.

I didn't know you had that much money, Sage! Or are all of those hunts you promised YD on your Cabelas Big Game Hunter game?

Steve

Steve, i gotta tad of B.S. in me, plain to see. If it's important or somebody's word is on the line, you're gonna get the truth or the best i know it. Here, amongst all the other B.S'ers, i let myself go sometimes, all in the interest of sanity, comunicating with others, and having a good time, having fun. I know my cence of humor can be misunderstood at times. No offence, intended, implied or warrented. Far as money goes, i had a hard time with getting up the funds for the special draw Wy deer tag. Kinda glad we decided to go points only this year.

joey

Well gang, another week! Spring is finally here and so another will go home from American Idol. Dolly Parton week and her "Coat of Many Colors" was always one of my very favorite songs.

Who's going home? Will our Yukondall continue his string of perfect picks? Stay tuned!

Dan, good a pick as any of three that i saw. Would prefer him to go yes but i think a lot of the young girls across the country might keep him in. No account for taste, ya see.

I'm again fearing for Christy, that girl seems to have talent for saying the wrong things when she could be gathering fans.

Where's YukonDall? Don't be bashful folks, who in that crystal ball of yourn do you see next to be going home?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-08 AT 07:21AM (MST)[p] LOOKING OVER THE NUMBERS...ITS GOING TO BE CLOSE...BETTING LIGHT...COULD BE WRONG THIS WEEK....WAY TOO MANY VOTES FOR ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS WHO DID POORLY.....YD.

Bottom three Jason, Christi Lee and Ramielle. Ramielle you are safe. Christi you sang Coat of many colors, america voted you are safe that means Jason will be leaving us tonight folks.

WELL....THIS IS GETTING TO BE TIME CONSUMMING IF ITS DONE RIGHT, I'VE MADE A COUPLE OF BUCKS/ GETTING TIRED OF DOING IT. TOO MANY VOTES THROWING CURVE BALLS AT A WEAK PERFORMANCE OR TWO. THIS WEEK IS SO CLOSE I COULD FLIP A COIN, HERE GOES...MY GUT SAYS KRISTY COOK IS SENT PACKING....BUT THE NUMBERS/TRENDS SAYS DRED LOCKS IS A GONER....CASTRO...I'LL GO WITH CASTRO. FROM NOW ON I MIGHT JUST GUT GUESS.....YD.

I was really hoping that Ramielle sang worse than she did. YD- I think you are right with "dirty hair kid" takin a hike. No money to be made off of me!!

Peakfreak nailed it!

Steve

That Ramielle pull a fast one i believe. Her song had a lot of background singers. It was tough to tell what was her voice and what was accompanyment. For her voice, she actually picked a pretty good song.

Cabana boy...hit the road!

About time! I can't believe Jason(Dredboy) was not in the bottom three. Brooke was a surprise, bottm three I don't think so.

I don't mind but the show is live! How do you know the results if it is live on the west coast?

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-08 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]Well that answers a big question. I guess "live" dosn't mean live to us on the West coast.

I now have no illusions, Kristy will be singing her song at the end of next Wendsdays show and that will be OK. The rest are all good and it's gonna be tough to pick a true winner.

Here we go again, another week of America's #1 rated TV program.

Seems that some time zones get the "LIVE" brodcast 1 hour ahead of the Far West, i like the sound a "Far West", so, no telling us slow pokes of results already known as if you guessed them please unles you just like to spoil the suspence.

That said, All guesses as to who's gonna win, be the current favorite, or responce to the talent and comments of the judges, is more than welcome. Most importantly, is my Christy Cook going home this week?

joey

Sage- I don't think Christy is going home tomorrow night. As a matter of fact I think they all did pretty decent. I think Michael Johns will be in the bottom three along with Carly and Brooke. Hard to say who actually goes home. I'll leave the prediction to YD!

Steve

Steve, yeah i think you're right about Christy. She ain't no Martina McBride, yet anyway, but did a pretty good job on singing her song.

i took the time to rank them each as i watched them and had Syesha, Archeleta, followed by Michael johns at the top of the list. The bottom three were a tie between Carley and Brook, down to a surprise with David Cook, then Jason Castro at the very bottom and my pick this week to go home.

The judges liked Castro's song though and got busy pretty hard on Carley and Michael Johns, hard to figure sometimes. I don't profess to know musical talent for beans really that well, but i do like the show. Overall, hafta say they all sound pretty good to me.

How's that good looking dog of yours doing Steve?

Joey- He's doing a lot better. Thanks for asking. I was feeding him rice and burger twice a day just to get his strength back up and he is back to eating his regular food. I still give him the rice and burger every other day just to spoil him a little bit. When you think you're about to lose something dear to you...you seem to treat them a little better! I appreciate the concern.

Steve

I'M PULLING FOR CASTRO TO BE GONE....(DREDLOCKS)...THAT SONG WAS GARBAGE LAST NIGHT....BUT THE CHICKS DIG THIS GUY.....YD.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-08 AT 12:53PM (MST)[p]YD, Yeah, That song just seemed outa place, but it may get him the votes he'll need to stay.

Muleybull & NVBighorn, Not Manly enough for you guys eh? Maybe i should start a thread about barfights. When i moved to this small logging town 25 years ago, the local loggers didn't quite know what to think of this big ol ex middle linebacker Portagee cowboy looking dude moving into "their" town. I didn't look for trouble but i sure didn't look away from it either, it found me.

My specialty was the bull rush, quick and hard, maximum damage in minimul time, get it over with fast and back to my buddies for some more drinking or trying to get into the pants of whichever girl happened to walk in the door or be sitting next to. Seemed that i couldn't go two weeks without getting into a street fight, some wern't so easy but i never did ever lose one in "my" town or anywhere else... never went to jail because of one either. See, up here, it was them that started the ruckus that got in trouble, i just finished it.

I'm comfortably with my sexuality. I'm a dude that likes sexy looking girls only but that don't mean that every body else has to think the way i do.

Thanks for stopping by.

joey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-08 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]Plenty manly for me. I have no problem with whatever you want to talk about. No need to impress me with your stories. I'm about as "sensitive" and "comfortable" as the next guy, probably more so. I just think it's funny how some posts by some guys (Feleno) get blasted and the poor guy gets called everything under the sun and other posts like this one go on and on.

I don't watch American Idol myself. I prefer Dancing With the Stars. :) I'm glad you like it. My brother does too. I can't stand the judges so I never bothered to watch. Then again, you might like to watch sports. I'd rather have my finger nails pulled out. To each his own.

Wasn't trying to start anything. You just couldn't tell it was said tongue in cheek.

N. bighorn, sorry about the rant. I just get tired of so many hard heads picking on people for one reason or another. Some just can't be happy unless everybody else around them, is just exactly like they are. Even if that WERE to happen they'd still probably be bitter.

That above post, that stuff is all true. Fortunitly, i got outa the bar scene, fights out on main street, and wasting truck loads of money when i quit drinking 10 years ago.

Them that don't like this thread are welcome to do as you please, i don't give a rats behind. I started it, i enjoy the show, and if i were sitten around a campfire this evening, i'd be saying who i thought was going home tonight.

You guys see Teri Hatcher sing? What the hell was that?? She needs to stick to acting!!

Steve

She must've had a lift done cuz they looked a little perky!

Steve

Are they voting someone off tonight? If so, Why do it on a Idol Aid night?

Somebody correct me but i think tomorrow night is when they are reducing by one.

Pretty good show tonight. Too many commercials not enoughe indivual time with some of the stars. Carrie Underwood, super fine! Robin Williams has long been heavey on talent and a favorite of mine.

i dunno, i guess money goes a heck of a lot farther in africa to help those poor people but i know fer a fact that many good people here in our country, not just from the hurricane, really could use a hand. All a good cause i guess.

Hey ladies, I see theres a show on "Lifetime Womens Network" tonight called "Me and my breasts." Just thought you'd be interested.

Is that ethical?

Good show last night. Carrie was looking great as always and Fergie was a pleasant surprise. made her look a lot better standing next to the plump one from Heart. wow has she ballooned up like carp laying in the sun.

Mulybull, They say that nobody wins in a fight and i'll go along with that but i used to really get satisfaction from beating the tar outa loud mouth a-hole trouble makers like you. You a punk!

Ever fly into the Chester tanker base or hit Chester Fire, ask for Joey

Lets worry about something important.

Who is your favorite Survivor? I always vote for Double D's. The rest does not matter.;-)

This week really is a surprise. Right now, the bottom 3 are, to me anyway, 3 of the best and... Christy is safe. I dunno!

ktc, thanks for stopping by, Survivor? As in the TV show survivor or as in the last one in American Idol? I haven't ever watched any of the survivor show. Fact is, i'm surprised that i'm so down with Idol.

The Idol post is a little slow tonight. Michael Johns is gone. He should have stuck around at least two more weeks in my opinion. I think Brooke should be the next one out. I felt like the show tonight was the same as the one last night with the IdolAid stuff. It kinda bugged. I know it is for a good cause but I could've skipped last nights show and just watched tonights and not missed much.

Steve

ktc, OK, Amanda, Amanda!, with the double D's. Them double D's might warrent a look see, thanks for the tip, gonna have to check it, them, her, out!

Steve, Yeah, Michael Johns... i thought the guy was great. Really, how can they continue to keep a couple of them, yet let Johns go? i guess it just goes to show how really good all the ones left, really are.

This weeks show was just weird. Not bad just weird. This weeks comments were just weird...

Whats YukonDall with the crystal ball got to think? Anyway that you woulda bet this week on M. Johns getting the boot? If so, thata been one hella tough pick!

MAJOR CURVE BALL....THE VOTING VOODOO THAT GOES ON IS IN THE 12-18 YEAR OLD AGE BLOCK.....(34% of the vote). THE TRAIN CAN JUMP THE TRACKS....JOHNS GOT A BAD DEAL.....YD.

Sorry guys, but this is a total crackup!!!!

84 posts on a TV show. And the worst part is, you all think it's real.

Somebody on here needs a hunting season DESPERATELY bad!

Half of the people in America, eligible to vote for President, have never registered.....but have voted for American Idol a dozen times!

All a good possibility, especially after last week, just shows anybody could go but based on last night, i think Carley might be the next to go.

Christy was sure looking good and she nailed her song...fingers crossed.

I missed Brook singing but when I turned it back to AI they were talking about her forgetting the words! She had to start the song over? Incredible. That may really cost her big time. It was going to be between her and Jason anyway who is going home.

Steve

YukonDall, yeah i agree, Cook would be my vote too. Your boy, Archeleta, he can sing, no doubt, but he just doesn't have the finish that Cook has.

Steve, Yep! She forgot the words so she just stopped, looked at the band, and started over. Wasn't too bad really, but sure didn't help her. Castro stunk up the place even worse i thought, all the rest have a shot at winning "if" David Cook falters.

It's going to be interesting after the next two, Castro and Brook, head home. I'm picking Syesha as my "dark horse" to come on strong. She reminds me some of a young Dianna Ross in "Lady Sings the Blues", awsome flick, that is a true classic but you don't see shown very often.

Well, the voters threw us another curve. Carley, darn! Can't say that i liked her personality very much but i thought she better than at least two others left in the six. She really could belt it out, her best song, to me, came early on in the competition singing a Heart song. Hella nice tat she has on her arm, not for me but...

What's keeping Castro and Brook in the Competition? Votes, not talent! Now we're down to 5

I don't know what to say, Joey. I'm very disappointed with how it went down tonight. The show is not about talent..its about popularity. I guess popularity will sell records over talent! If either Brooke or Jason are not off next week, the show is not even worth watching.

Steve

Brook went home tonight. What do you guys think? I thought she went about as far as she could. Very emotional at the end there!

joey

Jason Castro is to music as i'm to a English Professor. Get the bum outahere! The dudes been still here way too long! The other three all did great i believe with Archeleta getting first place ribbons.

If Castro gets voted off as he MUST!, next week and the one after that sould be some interesting.

OK, being there are going to be only three left, who do you think will win it all?

joey

THAT CASTRO WAS A REAL PIECE OF WORK LAST NIGHT....HOW THAT PUTZ HAS LASTED THIS LONG IS ONLY A TRUBUTE TO HIS TEENYBOPPER VOTING BLOCK......LOL.....YD.

Yukon D, dead on!

You had offered to bet that you could pick the ones going home every week. The way the voting has gone, if you had people take you up on your offer, there could have been a fair amount of money lost during these past six or seven weeks. How's that going for you? Are you still bucks up?

joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom