? about youth deer hunters in Utah

BIGOLMULEY

So I have looked through the guidebook and can't seem to find my answer, though I am pretty sure as to what it is.
My nephew has a Northern rifle, and therefore can hunt all 3 seasons being all of 15 years old.
His problem is with the archery elk hunt opening when it does and not hunting elk in the northern region, I am assuming he can't hunt deer at the same time until Sep. 2? Am I assuming correctly? Or is there a special rule for youth that the region on archery does not matter for them?

It is insane that we have to pick a region. I understand the logic, but did anyone think about this issue with the elk hunting?

Thanks,

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

I also have a son who is 15 and wanted to know exactly what I had to do for him. To my understanding you are correct on the archery hunt you have to hunt the region for where the tag is, I talked to DWR in the Northern Regioin Field Office to make sure that I understood the rules for archery season.

For myself, since my son has a deer tag for Northern Region and can hunt all three seasons, I will get a Archery Elk tag and let him hunt archery deer, since they are at the same time and will hunt the nortern region with him for the first two weeks and then maybe go to the central region to hunt after Sept 2.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom