4/5/6 muzzy deer

S

Swivels

Hello, I just got a job out here in salt lake and moved here from Wyoming. I have followed monstermuleys for many years but I just recently got a profile. I was looking for some tips on the muzzy deer hunt for unit 4/5/6 I know there is a TON of private but I haven't been able to hunt deer for 3 years so I figured why not. I was thinkin of trying around monte cristo even though it sounds like its a circus. I'm in decent shape so hiking is not a problem, and I could also afford a reasonable trespass fee if you know of any landowners. Honestly don't care about size whatsoever just wanna chase some deer and maybe get a shot at something. Thanks in advance I appreciate you helping a new guy to the area!

Is that the Morgan south rich unit? If so I have a moose tag and I start hunting this weekend I'll keep my open for ya

Yeah it is, how long is your hunt, mine starts the 26th so if I am seeing any moose I will let ya know

The South side of Monte is a pretty nice area. Around Wasatch Ridge or Dairy Ridge, tough to get away from people but is a nice area and nice bucks are taken up there every year. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Well, I went up Tuesday night for some scouting, I saw 5 bucks and of course come Wednesday morning nothing to be found. Did see a decent buck Wednesday night but couldn't get on him, I cruised the roads around dry bread hollow and I also put about 5-7 miles on the danner express. A lot of people as expected, I had to come back to work Thursday and Friday but ill be back up tonight for the weekend. I am gonna try some more hiking as I'm sure the deer are probably feeling the pressure. I saw a ton of elk sign and heard a few bugles looks like some good elk country. I also saw a pretty nice bull moose off the road at night near wasatch ridge road. It's a nice area up there but a lot of people hopefully ill be able to post some pictures on Sunday night!

Good luck to ya and hope to see some hanging meat from your excapades!
take pics of any moose you see and post em up. We don't get enough shiras around here JMO....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom