$4.32 a gallon for Diesel

Another reason to buy a gas vehicle. I had a Diesel rig once and would never have another one. I bought mine when Diesel was a lot cheaper than gas, did'nt even have it 6 months and then the price went up and has never stopped and that was 24 years ago.
I bought mine before the wife and I went on a month trip to Alaska and it helped on that trip, but that was the end of a cheap trip.

Brian

Get ready for a change....
Diesel cars are going to be the future in America,
they are working on emission controls in this country, right now most the demand is in Europe. My wife works on diesel emission projects every day for a fortune 500 company that has invested 100 of millions in diesel emissions, they did all Caterpillar Co.diesel equiptment. Dozers, scrapers, excavators, all have to meet certain emissions standards and now it's all about diesel automobiles for the future.

I totally agree with kilowatt!!!

That $10K differnce in the cost of a V-10 Super Duty versus the Power Stroke....$10K will buy a lot of gas even at today's prices!!

And my tranny will survive, i don't have injectors to go bad, i don't have to plug it in on a cold night, i don't have to pay $150 for an oil change, i don't have to listen to it, and best of all......i don't have to smell it in camp while it's ideling for 30 minutes stinking the whole camp out!! ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

THE EMISSIONS OF TODAY SHOULD'OF BEEN IN EFFECT 20 FRICKEN YEARS AGO!!!

WAFJ!!!

I HOPE THE CATERPILLAR EMISSIONS ARE BETTER THAN THE 2008 FORD,DODGES & CHEVY'S???

THEY'RE QUICK TO BRAGG THEY PASS THE EMISSIONS BUT ALL 3 BRANDS USE A CONSIDERABLE MORE AMOUNT OF FUEL THAN THE 2001'S,2002'S,2003'S,2004'S DO!!!

THEY SMOGGED THEM WITH RE-BURNERS & MISC. BULLSHIT ON THE EXHAUST SYTEMS!!!

THEY NEVER DID ONE FRICKEN THING TO MAKE THE ENGINES RUN/BURN MORE EFFICIENTLY!!!

IN FACT THEY BURN RICHER!!!

THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT ALONG WITH THE 3 BIG AUTO MAKERS OUGHT TO HAVE THEIR ASSES SUED OFF!!!

OH BUT HELL NO!!!

WILL JUST ALL BEND OVER & TAKE IT AGAIN!!!

AND AGAIN & AGAIN!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

HEY SlamPunk!!!

DON'T KNOCK ALL THE DIESELS!!!

OR I'LL MAKE YOU PUT A RESPIRATOR ON!!!

AND IT WON'T BE BY CHOICE!!!

JUST RAZZIN YOU!!!

TOO BAD THE BRAND NEW DIESELS AIN'T AS GOOD!!!

I AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAID!!!

MARK MY WORD ON IT!!!

ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE GOING BACK TO GAS RIGS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

>love my 7.3. last of the
>good ones.

I hear ya on that, I have a 2002 7.3 and I'm holdin on to it.

just think it still has a $1.25 to go or more be Aug!
Dollar just won't recover enough by then and we all know all the world oil is traded the mighty US dollar!
rm

Tell us about your gerbils F-dude......Wait, no don't tell us.

My 04 Dodge 5.9 HO Turbo, not towing, pretty empty, gets 23+ mpg. I drive it everyday to and from work, 50 miles round trip and I love it.

My niece has 4-5 of them. They got endless energy running on the wheels. Nothing more. Man you guys are relentless.

REBUTAL:

When I bought mine back in 84 I had to pay $3,000.00 more for the Diesel and in 93 when I went to get rid of it for a new truck, I lost another $3,000.00 BECAUSE it was a Diesel.

Pay for the Diesel more and take it in the shorts later when you go to sell it, don't pay to have one IMO.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-08 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]jdog's right, the nearer future is in diesel cars. They are more efficient and very low emissions when coupled with the latest diesel technology and the proper fuel. The key will be to get the proper fuel in enough places to support a larger diesel market. . . it's a cart and hose thing, that's why there's a diesel retrofit program, so that industry can gradually transition to new fuels, both at the build centers, the refinery and the retail fuel outlets.

Now for the bad news, the Bush Administration does not have it in the budget, now it's just going to take longer, and a democrat to get the right fuel and the right cars to the market (remember, the dems ARE 100% responsible for the diesel program). If you dont believe me, here's a summary of last weeks testimony dealing with the budget:

"NACAA Testifies in the House on EPA?s FY 2009 Budget (March 13, 2008) ? NACAA Executive Director Bill Becker testified on behalf of the association before the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies regarding the President's FY 2009 budget request. NACAA?s testimony focused specifically on the need for additional grant funding for state and local air agencies under Sections 103 and 105 of the Clean Air Act. NACAA is recommending that grants be increased by $84.7 million above the President's request, for a total of $270.3 million. This would be a restoration of the $31.2 million cut contained in the President's request, along with an increase of $53.5 million to support ongoing and new activities. NACAA also expressed support for $70 million for activities under the 3 Diesel Emission Reduction Act. Finally, NACAA expressed concern that EPA has earmarked grant funds for specific purposes without the concurrence of state and local air agencies."

Loved both diesels I owned, only the powerstroke was a lemon so I sent it back a got a HO cumins, 4 door 2500 laramie for the camper, my family, and towing the horses, my ex loves it! so sad. . . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom