221-223 Alternate Tag Arrived

Zippy_Bar

Apparently I'm the alternate for a 221-223 deer any legal weapon tag. Oct 5-20. I've never hunted or scouted the area and didn't this summer since I was unsuccessful. Now I have a tag. The first week I'll be helping my dad on a bull elk hunt and I don't feel right telling him to go solo now that I have a tag. Anyone know any local outfitters who are reliable, affordable, and who may have availability? I doubt anyone has any availability, but figured I'd call before turning the tag in the next guy. Thanks.

Greg Krogh hunts it about as much as anyone. I spent just shy of 30 days in there last year elk hunting and didn’t see anything over 160 the whole time. The deer REALLY showed up the last week of October. My brother got a glimpse of a big buck in there in September but didn’t get a pic. They cut the tags a LOT in there and the genetics are great so you could easily run into a giant but it’ll be tough. If you’ve got 15 or so or less points as a NR I’d keep it and hunt it as you’ll likely never draw again. Assuming that you got an alternate, you must have put it as first choice?

He is a resident. I would turn the early tag back in if I was a resident. Unless I only spent 0-2 points.

Picking up the early 221-223 as an alternate is probably pretty easy as a resident. The alternate logic only looks at first choice and that would be an odd tag to put as first choice unless one is solely playing the alternate game. Anyone interested in 221-223 in the draw would almost certainly put the the late hunt as first choice. Not the early.

The late tag is a much, much, much better tag. 6 tags vs 120 or so?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom