2025 Graduation Gift

Swivelneck

Hello All,
My eldest son will be graduating high school in June 2025. I have been squirreling away funds to take him on a hunting adventure for a graduation gift. I am a working man, so money is definitely a factor. I should be in the 12-15K range of money saved by the time the hunt happens.
Initially I have been thinking about a boat transporter trip up to Kodiak or possibly a lodge trip on POW Island for Blacktails. This has always been a bucket lister for me personally and I think the opportunity to kill a few critters each would add to the experience for him. Prices have sure went up on these trips, but it seems like it should still be doable for my budget.
I can't be the first guy to do this kinda thing, so I am reaching out to see what kind of trips you guys have done in this vein as there are surely opportunities/species that I am not thinking of.
We have hunted elk, muleys, colombian blacktails, black bears, hogs, and all of the feathered game together. So for this adventure I am looking for something a little different, possibly whitetails, a Texas multi-species stack-em hunt or something I am not yet thinking of.
It seems like the month of November would be the best for his schedule, as he plans to enroll in a fire academy post high school.
Thanks, Mike

If someone asked me what I would like to book right now this time in my life....I'd be booking a bass trip down to El Salto.

Hello All,
My eldest son will be graduating high school in June 2025. I have been squirreling away funds to take him on a hunting adventure for a graduation gift. I am a working man, so money is definitely a factor. I should be in the 12-15K range of money saved by the time the hunt happens.
Initially I have been thinking about a boat transporter trip up to Kodiak or possibly a lodge trip on POW Island for Blacktails. This has always been a bucket lister for me personally and I think the opportunity to kill a few critters each would add to the experience for him. Prices have sure went up on these trips, but it seems like it should still be doable for my budget.
I can't be the first guy to do this kinda thing, so I am reaching out to see what kind of trips you guys have done in this vein as there are surely opportunities/species that I am not thinking of.
We have hunted elk, muleys, colombian blacktails, black bears, hogs, and all of the feathered game together. So for this adventure I am looking for something a little different, possibly whitetails, a Texas multi-species stack-em hunt or something I am not yet thinking of.
It seems like the month of November would be the best for his schedule, as he plans to enroll in a fire academy post high school.
Thanks, Mike
Uh.....do a helicopter pig hunt in Texas.....

I remember being a high school senior in 1996 and showing my dad a mule deer hunt with Kirk Kennedy. I said I want that to be my senior trip! He said no, and so I went to Mazatlan and drank and fornicated my brains out instead.
Good on you for preparing to put something like this together. I’m saving Wyoming elk points to do something similar and I have been for the last 13 years.. do you have any preference points built up that you could divide?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom