2024 Reissue Thread

sb2017

I did a quick search and didn't see a recent reissue thread for this year so I figured I'll go first...

Not necessarily complaining, but I'm awfully intrigued to know if there is any group of people that has first crack at these tags? If there's anyone, whether it's CPW employees or just people in the right circle, that can buy the reissue tags before they are released to the website?

I saw a tag on there this week that I wanted (and thousands of other people too), so I got all prepared to throw my name in the ring to try to score it this morning.

I think we all have our own little tricks to try to score them, whether they work or not who really knows. Going off of mine, I feel pretty confident that the tags weren't officially available to add to cart until 11:04 this morning.

Where it gets interesting... after officially striking out on the tag, I checked the leftover list (which is what they move the reissue list to after releasing the tags). The report was ran at 11:00:01, and the tag I was after was not on it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that the tag would sell in a second, but something seems fishy to me.

Reissue Report.jpg

1. There is a note that "due to delays in processing, this data may be up to one hour old".... so I'm assuming it's safe to say that the data is not updated to the SECOND.... but ONE second after the tags are supposedly on sale, there is already a report run without the tag on it?

2. I could be off on what time the tags were available to add to cart, but even if I'm off on the official exact time, I'm willing to bet most folks who were on there trying to get tags today would agree with me that they definitely were NOT available to add to cart at 11:00:01 am. Even if they were, how could someone load the tag in their cart at 11:00:01, buy the tag, and then CPW has time to run a report at 11:00:01 that is updated to show the tag not on it?

Bottom line, I think the reissue concept is a very cool thing and I'm still thankful to have at least some sliver of chance at tags I didn't draw, but I think the process is being falsely construed to the public. It's hard for me to believe that these tags aren't being purchased before 11:00am, when they are supposedly released to the public for purchase.

Look one thread below this one! Most tags dropped just after 11:00. Probably 11:00:15 up to 11:01:00. Just too many people trying for them. The report you are referring to was run in realtime but before the tags dropped so they don't show the tagts. The next report was run 5 minutes later, after the tags were dropped and scooped up so once again do not show the tags. The good tags were never shown on either report. No one has any advantage here except for Orion.

Look one thread below this one! Most tags dropped just after 11:00. Probably 11:00:15 up to 11:01:00. Just too many people trying for them. The report you are referring to was run in realtime but before the tags dropped. The next report was run 5 minutes later, after the tags were dropped and scooped up. No one has any advantage here except for Orion.
I saw that right after I posted this :ROFLMAO: . I did a literal "search" for "Reissue". But hey, leftover and reissue are technically separate so my claim still stands haha.

To your point about the report being run in real time... the tag I was after was on the reissue list that was posted at 11am yesterday.... it was not on the report run at 11:00:01 this morning.

Look one thread below this one! Most tags dropped just after 11:00. Probably 11:00:15 up to 11:01:00. Just too many people trying for them. The report you are referring to was run in realtime but before the tags dropped so they don't show the tagts. The next report was run 5 minutes later, after the tags were dropped and scooped up so once again do not show the tags. The good tags were never shown on either report. No one has any advantage here except for Orion.
Sorry nri, I missed what you were saying the first time I read it. This is the first year that I have noticed that disconnect between the reissue list pre-drop, and the leftover list before the reissue tags are added to it.

To your point about the report being run in real time... the tag I was after was on the reissue list that was posted at 11am yesterday.... it was not on the report run at 11:00:01 this morning.
That is normal, they get dropped and scooped up between when the two lists are queried. Always happens.

You will more than likely never see a decent tag off the weekly re issue list actually be on the leftover list. It’s a super simple system that doesn’t work very well.

There have been tags bought before 11 and that's a fact. Other members on here have also purchased tags before 11. The proclamation clearly states close to 11. Some of you must also not remember when they released all the reissue tags at 10 o clock at night a couple years ago.

What? Nobody got one of the three 76 muzzleloader bull tags I'm shocked :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I’ll say it, I’m jealous i wish I could afford to essentially buy a voucher for some of these sweet tags. And if I had the money I’d more than likely do it. With that being said I do disagree with your process. Whether you’re full of **** or not, that’s up for debate. Not really sure why you rub everyone’s nose in it. My guess is if your system will have more and more competition in the next couple years. And your snarky remarks may become less frequent.

I’ll say it, I’m jealous i wish I could afford to essentially buy a voucher for some of these sweet tags. And if I had the money I’d more than likely do it. With that being said I do disagree with your process. Whether you’re full of **** or not, that’s up for debate. Not really sure why you rub everyone’s nose in it. My guess is if your system will have more and more competition in the next couple years. And your snarky remarks may become less frequent.
He has no proof and never does. I think he constantly does this to make people mad so that they complain to CPW. He probably does this in hopes that CPW will change the system back to random or another way that he thinks will benefit him more.

There have been tags bought before 11 and that's a fact. Other members on here have also purchased tags before 11. The proclamation clearly states close to 11. Some of you must also not remember when they released all the reissue tags at 10 o clock at night a couple years ago.
He is right. A few years ago I picked up a tag 8 minutes before they were supposed to go on sale. I was shocked when the add to cart button lit up. I also remember when they went on sale at 10:00 p.m ish. I had the leftover app and I got a bunch of notifications saying that some of the tags I was watching had reached the leftover list. Orion system is already failing him. You can tell by his comments from other threads. He does like the stir the pot and see who he can get fired up. I do enjoy some of his bragging though it makes me chuckle. He was never really top dog! 😂

When it was random, Orion was watching it all day and getting quality tags off the reissue like others were doing. Now he’s not and trying to stir the pot.

Only when he isn't bitching about wanting 90/10 pushed through so he can get more tags for the same good old low price.

He is right. A few years ago I picked up a tag 8 minutes before they were supposed to go on sale. I was shocked when the add to cart button lit up. I also remember when they went on sale at 10:00 p.m ish. I had the leftover app and I got a bunch of notifications saying that some of the tags I was watching had reached the leftover list. Orion system is already failing him. You can tell by his comments from other threads. He does like the stir the pot and see who he can get fired up. I do enjoy some of his bragging though it makes me chuckle. He was never really top dog! 😂
Careful you will be accused of lying.

These threads crack me up. Guys are buying tags before 11, CPW had an actual meeting about bot programs getting tags. Yet people on here so no way then every week they come on here and b*tch and moan about not getting a tag or getting past the add to cart page. Oh the irony.

A few years ago things were run differently and they always loaded tags into database prior expected time so the tags would be there when the correct time arrived. That was standard and a loophole to be exploited back then and those in the know knew to hit purchase early.

When I scored a unit 61 elk tag, and some other high end tags such as 76 elk and others I had it purchased before it ever showed on any list and in the case where there was only 1 tag or others were doing same as me to buy all available tags early, the tag I bought NEVER showed on any leftover list, ever, so nobody but me ever knew a 61 tag popped up day before season started in 2019. There is a LOT wrong with a system that operates like that but gotta roll with whatever the system is or lose out.

Those days are gone. Tags are not hitting minutes before 11 in the current sale process.

As for the 76 muzzleloader tag, a regular dude using regular methods snapped it up. Coulda been anybody with fast fingers same as was the case with the desert ram tag last year ‘some’ folks spread lies about bots getting it.

Last edited:
A few years ago things were run differently and they always loaded tags into database prior expected time so the tags would be there when the correct time arrived. That was standard and a loophole to be exploited back then and those in the know knew to hit purchase early.

When I scored a unit 61 elk tag, and some other high end tags such as 76 elk and others I had it purchased before it ever showed on any list and in the case where there was only 1 tag or others were doing same as me to buy al available tags early, the tag I bought NEVER showed on any leftover list, ever, so nobody but me ever knew a 61 tag popped up day before season started in 2019. There is a LOT wrong with a system that operates like that but gotta roll with whatever the system is or lose out.

Those days are gone. Tags are not hitting minutes before 11 in the current sale process.

As for the 76 muzzleloader tag, a regular dude using regular methods snapped it up. Coulda been anybody with fast fingers.
Exactly. I did the same with some 20+ point tags and I am assuming so did orion which is why he tries to stir the pot in these threads to try and return to the good ole days. Sadly that wont happen. I wish they would charge hunters preference points for reissue and leftover tags because then there would be more skin in the game making tags more attainable to the average guy. I think it would also help with point creep a small amount.

that was before the new system . Back when it was random release

When I scored a unit 61 elk tag, and some other high end tags such as 76 elk and others I had it purchased before it ever showed on any list and in the case where there was only 1 tag or others were doing same as me to buy all available tags early, the tag I bought NEVER showed on any leftover list, ever, so nobody but me ever knew a 61 tag popped up day before season started in 2019. There is a LOT wrong with a system that operates like that but gotta roll with whatever the system is or lose out.

As for the 76 muzzleloader tag, a regular dude using regular methods snapped it up. Coulda been anybody with fast fingers same as was the case with the desert ram tag last year ‘some’ folks spread lies about bots getting it.
if it was not on any list and no one knew about it..... How did you know about it?

Exactly. I did the same with some 20+ point tags and I am assuming so did orion which is why he tries to stir the pot in these threads to try and return to the good ole days. Sadly that wont happen. I wish they would charge hunters preference points for reissue and leftover tags because then there would be more skin in the game making tags more attainable to the average guy. I think it would also help with point creep a small amount.
Or at least burn points if taking a tag that takes 5 points or more. The point creep is horrible.

if it was not on any list and no one knew about it..... How did you know about it?
I knew from experience from watching the trends of reissues that there ‘should’ be one popping up and I was right AND lucky and killed a very big bull 2 days later which also extremely lucky.

In that example, I was trying 61 and 76 at the same time and when 61 validated, I removed the 76 option and completed the purchase. Like I said a lot to NOT like about the old system but it was easy to make the most of if had motivation and time on your hands.

I cannot with a straight face complain about anything to do with reissue process for at least 10 years given how many tags I and friends scooped up in ‘the good old days”.

These threads crack me up. Guys are buying tags before 11, CPW had an actual meeting about bot programs getting tags. Yet people on here so no way then every week they come on here and b*tch and moan about not getting a tag or getting past the add to cart page. Oh the irony.

Shouldnt you be counting your money from the days events, SHOOTERMCGAVIN!? FYI Shooter, you ARE one of the schmucks on here every wendesday in the same F'ing thread. EVERY WEDNESDAY.

I'm not mad I don't score tags, I'm mad because cpw told me TO MY FACE THIS YEAR. If the tag gets added to your cart, you have It and no one can take it. You have the tag for 15 mins so you have time to pay. I had the tag sitting in my cart and I went to add payment 20 seconds later and it tells me that the tags gone. That is what angers me, being lied to.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom