2024 Draw odds

I have only looked at a few units so far, but the point creep is insane. Some units went from 2 required in 2023 to 6 in 2024. I'm in disbelief how bad the NR point creep was. I planned for the worst and it surpassed that. I suspect many people jumped in this year because of the fear of future point creep making it worse this year.

Last edited:
The 5 hunts I checked had lower point creep. One even stopped. These are resident odds on 80/20 units so the new R/NR ratio was not a factor.
Edit: Actually two of the hunts I checked were NR, but they also decreased creep although not by much.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy to see some sub par to ok elk units taking the points that they are. A lot of units that took 4-5 points a few years ago are now in the 8-9 point range. Crazy to see it happen, I thought the the hunting heritage was dead?

When looking at my points it shows that they were done a couple weeks ago. That may have something to do with being able to get odds out fast. Most of this point creep is already out of control. If OTC tags go away, we better hang on cause I feel like it’ll send the creep over the moon!!

Cutting the nonresident tags down to 25% had a huge affect. I didn't see much change on the resident tags from previous years.

I have two tags this year due to the new NR quota.

I drew my archery deer with 2 points, at 39% odds, compared to 16% last year with 2. With normal point creep, I'm guessing it would have taken 3 to get it this year if we had stayed at 35% NR.

I drew my archery antelope as my second choice, compared to 68% last year with 0.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom