20 Days

ras1954

Well guys there was a thread in here awhile back about smoking and chewing, its been 20 days since I had a chew of copenhagen, been doing it for 40 years, I just wanted to say thanks to some of you for your words of wisdom it helped. Dont get me wrong its tough,I'm chewing the chit out of the gum matter of fact last weekend when I was having a few Beers with the boys I bit my tounge so bad I thouhgt I was going to have to go to the E.R. to get her sowed up to stop the bleeding.Next weekend is the big test going on a 5 day trail ride with about 300 guys,alot of booze and good food, but I'm going to "get er done".

Good luck Guy!!! I think you're right about that trail ride being tough. For me it was hunting and fishing trips. Keep us posted, maybe your strength will get me to try to quit again. One guy said it's easy, he's FOS!! :)

Joey

I've never chewed but I'm wondering if sunflower seeds wouldn't help? Seems like when I get a bag of those I've always got something to eat and spit.

Keep it up. I've tried. Maybe your success will motivate me.

DIY. The best sunflower seeds I found are the Jim Beam BBQ. I'm addicted to both Cope and Seeds. Hope that doesn't scare you off from trying.

Good luck guys.

Not only bad for you but pricey. I figure I'm out close to $600 per year just on the snuff.

Keep giving it hell and dont quit now!I never chewed that much but I smoked for 35+ yrs and have been free from it for the last 10yrs.You can make it happen!2 months after I quit,I went with my son,uncle,and his son on an antelope hunt.That was the hardest time for me.Sitting around the campfire was a killer.I had quit drinking 6 months prior to quiting the smokes.Man,I was looking for cedar trees to get the dried bark from to smoke!Bottom line is if you want to stay quit from chewing,you can make it.If your buddies help you,that is even better.Great work so far and keep it up.It does get easier.(ROD)

Thanks Guys, I've been there done that with the seeds, your right the hard one is when you go on a hunting trip with your buddies, I quit one time for a year, we got drawn for Nv. and like you say sitting around the campfire watching strange chit flying around in area16 I just had to have a chew,far as the price goes I just ask the guy this morning where I use to buy it how much it was, 7.21 a can thats making it alittle easier to quit, being so I use to buy 2 cans a day.

hats off to you if you can keep it up. i quit chewing for 14 days a few years ago, it was hell and i couldnt do it any longer. i hope i can stop before i have to get dentures, my dentist says my gums are not looking to helthy. bad habit i wish i woulda never started.

Keep up the good work and put the chew money towards a new gun or something .:)keep us posted and good luck

Me and the wife stopped 15 years ago both smoking and I quit chewing at the same time man it was rough quiting both at one, It was a hard one but I think of all the money I saved over these years If I was really smart I would just kept putting it a jar and I would never have to worry about where next year tag money was coming from.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Hang Tough. I quite about 7 years ago. I had dipped for over 30 years. One thing that helped me besides prayer time, was the thought that I wasn't going to let the tobacco companies control me any longer by adding nicotine to the snuff just to keep me hooked. Just decide you will be tougher than the craving. It will diminish over time.

Good Luck
Phantom Hunter

I dipped for 25+ years and quit about 5 years ago. I tried numerous times to quit, but the thing that made me quit was my 6 year old son picking up my can of Copenhagen and telling me that he couldn't wait to get older so he could have some too. He is 11 now and doesn't even remember me dipping.

Stick with it and have something to fall back on during those tough moments. It's been 5 years and like others have said, hunting and fishing trips are still tough, but the worst for me is after dinner or with a beer or two.

Been there done that. Its tought to quit but its so worth it. I hope you make it. I will pray for you.

You can do it if you've got the will. You're probably doing ok if you've gone this far. 20 days is a long time. Keep it up!

Steve

If nothing else, think of the money you'll save. I chewed for 20 years and quit 6 months ago. It's hard but i feel much better. i'm glad i quit.....hang in there.

26x12.00=$312.00 There is my Nv. tag, The big test is this weekend with all the guys on the ride out in the hills...

The guys that are just now quitting. Please Put a jar on the kitchen counter and each week put in the amount that you would spend each day or week on chew or smokes, And just hang on to it for your tag money next year, you might be hunting in a few more places.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I quit chewing about 5 years ago and have to honestly say it wasn't that tough for me. I will admit I was born with at least a little of my grandpa's willpower though. I still crave it on occasion mainly when I'm hunting or working in the yard, but not to the point I'm willing to shell out the big bucks to buy a can now. When I first started it was less than $1 a can.

I'm the type that has always dipped Cope for a yr or 2 and then quit for a year or 2.. back and forth.. Thats not to say I dont crave it when I'm not dipping, but I usually dont have TOO much of an issue when I stop cold turkey.. I usually only crave it when hunting, and after a big delicious dinner..

Haven't had a single dip since last Aug.. Sounds mighty tasty though!

Stick with it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom