Rifle sling?

polarbear

Long Time Member
Howdy folks!
I am in the market for a new rifle sling. I remember a couple of years ago seeing one that split and you could carry you rifle like a back pack in front, back side etc. It was adjustable with one hand and would fit even a big guy like myself. The only place I remeber seeing it was advertised on the Coutdoor Channel. It wasnt a Safari Sling. Do any you fine folks know what they were or have any suggestions about another one that does something similar?
Thanks!
Eric
deerline.gif

Those are pretty cool. I don't know what they are called. I have used the quake claw on all of my rifles for several years and they are the best "traditional"sling that I have used. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Andy

PB. I use a neopreme sling that acts like a shock obsorber on your shoulder. It flexes slightly as you walk. I carry my 270 over my left shoulder exclusively and I don't get a sore neck or shoulder. I also took my bino's off my neck by useing bino buddies that fit over my shoulders instead of me neck. I think you can find the sling at GI Joes or Cabela's. Good luck.

Ditto on the neoprene. I prefer neoprene-only for its shock absorbtion capabilities of the sling as it does seem to "lighten" the percieved weight of the gun. Slings that are just neoprene backed haven't this same characteristic as the other material bound to the neoprene doesn't flex like a neoprene-only sling. Plus the neoprene really grips your shoulder when hiking and doesn't slide off like a synthetic or leather sling. Mine is an Uncle Mikes.

CATRACK, that is the one I was looking for, thanks!!! I am ordering one on Tuesday! I recently bought an Uncle Mikes and a Butler Creek neoprene slings and took them back. Gun weight is not an issue with me, I'm a pretty big guy and it has never bothered me. My main thing is to have a sling that I can wear in a bunch of different positions and will stay there. I like the idea of wearing it like a back pack while pushing through thick cover or climbing up real steep stuff.
Thanks guys for the responses!

Eric
deerline.gif

I used the neoprene slings for a while, they are very good for carrying the gun, but suck as a shooting sling. I have switched my slings to the Brownells Latigo, an all leather sling that can instantly be maid into a postion type sling. I may like neoprene very slightly better for carry, but The latigo provides great support when shooting. I will never have a sling on my gun that does not provide this kind of shooting support. There not real cheap but try them shooting and you will love them.

I also use the sling from Slogan Outdoors. It is the best I have ever used also. You won't be disappointed with it.

This website never opens for me. I saw their ad on TV approx. 1 month ago and have wanted to check-out the sling but I can't get to the website.

Anybody have phone #/mailing address?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom